• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Prelude] Azazel Rom (Z993 AIO)

kaw202

Nov 6, 2013
PA, US
Azazel Rom
For the ZTE z993 AIO wireless
shot_000001.jpg

Faster, bloat removed, Stock Base and more ram free.

Mods
Bloat removed
Init.d support
Build.prop tweaks
1% battery with a new icon
Init.d tweaks
Lightweight stock jellybean launcher.
Rooted with supper SU app
Bussybox Installed
Wireless tether app
All system apks deodexed & zip aligned
nexus 4 boot animation
boot sounds removed
&more to come.

How to flash.
Install CWM recovery. Place rom zip on the root of your sdcard. Reboot into recovery, wipe data factory reset, wipe system. Flash rom, and hit reboot system. It will say something along the lines of warning this rom may flash a recovery do you want to fix it be sure to hit no or you will break init.d support.

How to setup wireless tether app
Go into app settings and set device profile to “Generic ICS/JB wlan0.” Change setup-method to “Netd-ndc (master).”Check the box for Wi-Fi driver reload. Finally check MMS Clamping and Routing Fix.

Credits
Ryuinferno, js2892, Chainfire, trev E

Bugs none that I can find.

DOWNLOAD - Dev-Host - Azazel-ROM.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Please post back and let me know what you think

It should work fine my phone even says AT&T for a second when I turn it on. You may have to change the apn settings for mms and data though. Just be sure to take a backup. Also how did you get my recovery installed without root on the avail 2 I didn't think it had fastboot. It may be useful for other members.

Upvote 0
Azazel Rom
For the ZTE z993 AIO wireless
shot_000001.jpg

Faster, bloat removed, Stock Base and more ram free.

Mods
Bloat removed
Init.d support
Build.prop tweaks
1% battery with a new icon
Init.d tweaks
Lightweight stock jellybean launcher.
Rooted with supper SU app
Bussybox Installed
Wireless tether app
All system apks deodexed & zip aligned
nexus 4 boot animation
boot sounds removed
&more to come.

How to flash.
Install CWM recovery. Place rom zip on the root of your sdcard. Reboot into recovery, wipe data factory reset, wipe system. Flash rom, and hit reboot system. It will say something along the lines of warning this rom may flash a recovery do you want to fix it be sure to hit no or you will break init.d support.

How to setup wireless tether app
Go into app settings and set device profile to

Upvote 0
Everytime I download I open it in winrar and double click any file and winrar tells me "! C:\Users\MyUserName\Downloads\Azazel-ROM(2).zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" so I know from that, that it will not install properly. Idk why it does that but I will just wait on another Rom release

EDIT: I repaired the archived and I was able to flash the rom, Yay!

Upvote 0
ok so you ready for this. i had to put i slim piece of cardboard on top of my sim card to push it down more it wasnt connecting with the prongs lol...

everything is working fine now. great rom hope to see cm soon.
lol i just knew wiping those would not cause a sim error ,
and yeah you should definitely backup ( in cwm ) with this phone since its at its beginning stages. Which means if you brick it no one can help you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones