• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Preorders Begin Tomorrow

As I mentioned above the Charge has been a great phone except for the GPS.

The problem started right out of the box and happen today! The GPS on the phone will not lock in our location. We've done everything possible to try and fix the thing but we've learned to live with it. My wife will use it on a business trip and look at the map and it will have her located off of the interstate in the middle of a field then it just starts repeating itself.

In a nutshell it takes forever to lock in on a satellite and when it does it will not hold our location, it's terrible!. I could have sent it back but after going through 5 Thunderbolts I said to heck with it, that's why I'm keeping a close watch on the 14 day calendar with this one.

Upvote 0
As I mentioned above the Charge has been a great phone except for the GPS.

The problem started right out of the box and happen today! The GPS on the phone will not lock in our location. We've done everything possible to try and fix the thing but we've learned to live with it. My wife will use it on a business trip and look at the map and it will have her located off of the interstate in the middle of a field then it just starts repeating itself.

In a nutshell it takes forever to lock in on a satellite and when it does it will not hold our location, it's terrible!. I could have sent it back but after going through 5 Thunderbolts I said to heck with it, that's why I'm keeping a close watch on the 14 day calendar with this one.

You could always just wait a week or so for reviews to come out and then decide.

Upvote 0
Well leaked map said 10/27 for razr so that held true and 11/10 still makes sense for preorders for the nexus. and then in store launch the 17 would put all those who preordered out of the 14 day. Not that it matters those who are going to return will just wait a few days.

If I had to guess....and I'm going out in a limb here....GNex in stores the day after Thanksgiving...Black Friday. Makes sense because its far enough into the month to give the Razr a good 3 weeks of marketing and press by itself.

Upvote 0
If I had to guess....and I'm going out in a limb here....GNex in stores the day after Thanksgiving...Black Friday. Makes sense because its far enough into the month to give the Razr a good 3 weeks of marketing and press by itself.

Your Black Friday is not a bad guess at all in my book.

I am curious when the Rezound will launch. Not that I'm getting it but just curious how this whole thing will unfold

Upvote 0
Since I actually have the funds available...I will be getting it asap. Was looking kinda bleak for getting ANY phone this year.

Its sad....forget about rent and bills getting paid again and having food in the house...Im happy I can get a new phone...lol. My Droid X1 is so beat up it cant even be a back up phone. I shoulda lent my girlfriend my Droid 1..:(

Upvote 0
Last questions about pre orders. First what time does the pre-orders start in Maryland. (Eastern Time)
Second after you pre order it will you get an email letting you know when you can expect delivery of your phone.
Third how many hours do you think you have when the time starts to get the first batch of phones?

I thought I would have to take me chances at the store when it came out since I cut up all my credit cards.
But my brother in law told me to pre order it with his card instead.

Thanks in advance
Wolvie

Upvote 0
pre orders went live early, i singed in 10 minutes early and it was ready to go. I just got mine in. Strange thing i saw was the price was 249.00 on one screen and 299.00 on another. wish i could get the 249 price..... Have at it everyone!

Edit: Now it looks like they changed it to 299 on the first selection page. may have just been a oversight

Upvote 0
pre orders went live early, i singed in 10 minutes early and it was ready to go. I just got mine in. Strange thing i saw was the price was 249.00 on one screen and 299.00 on another. wish i could get the 249 price..... Have at it everyone!

Edit: Now it looks like they changed it to 299 on the first selection page. may have just been a oversight

Same here - was initially $249 then changed to $299

Upvote 0
Well just placed my order so now I guess it's time to sit back and wait. This is the 4th or 5th phone I've bought from Verizon and most are from preorders.
This is the first time I had a screen pop up and tell me I will not get my employee discount and then ask me if I want to continue which of course I did. Man I got $100 bucks off of the Thunderbolt on preorder with my employee discount, I guess Verizon is tightening everything down..LOL
Good luck and I hope the phones come quickly !

Upvote 0
Well just placed my order so now I guess it's time to sit back and wait. This is the 4th or 5th phone I've bought from Verizon and most are from preorders.
This is the first time I had a screen pop up and tell me I will not get my employee discount and then ask me if I want to continue which of course I did. Man I got $100 bucks off of the Thunderbolt on preorder with my employee discount, I guess Verizon is tightening everything down..LOL
Good luck and I hope the phones come quickly !

I go that screen too, I wonder if that only means for the phone itself? I certainly hope I get my discount on the bill like I always have... anyone know for sure?

Upvote 0
$649?!

Sorry, would have got it for $589, but that price seems high for a 4430 chipset. I will wait until January when one of my upgrade lines are available, since expect the Rezound to be "up there" in price also.

Bummer. Sure, after tax it is "just" $66, but seems overpriced IMO. Droid 3 is rocking, so all is good :) Maybe I will change my mind when my area gets 4G.

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones