1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Preorders Returns

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cjreyes666, Apr 3, 2017.

1. cjreyes666

cjreyes666 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Chaparral, NM
    I currently own a LG V20 and I am seriously thinking in upgrading to a S8+. The only phone I have really preorder has been the V20 and I received all the goodies for it. So my question is if anyone knows if I feel buyer’s remorse with the S8+ do I have to return the Gear VR that Samsung gives away? And if so, how would that happen?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    If I were Samsung then I would expect you to return everything, because I wouldn't want to let people scam me by ordering a phone with no intention of keeping it just to get the extras (remember also that once the phone has been opened it's no longer new, which is an extra loss of profit). Not suggesting that's your intention, but if you allow people to keep the accessories you are creating an incentive for some people to defraud you that way.

Some people did keep Note 7 accessories, but as that was being recalled due to a fault on Samsung's part it was a different situation.

But I don't know what they will do. Why not ask them?

3. cjreyes666

cjreyes666 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Chaparral, NM
    That is the problem I get conflicting info from Samsung reps. Some say I have to return it others say I can keep it. There is no fine print that would be helpful in their website either.