• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Prepaid on Captivate

rfound

Aug 31, 2010
So, looks like work is canceling my Cell plan, and I'd like to keep my cappy (which I bought, though on their contract).

Is there a pre-paid low-cost solution to use the cappy on a prepaid carrier?

If my company tells ATT to go F*^*& themselves on the cancellation fees, will ATT Blacklist the IMEI or anything, preventing me from using the captivate again?

I just recently put a captivate on a prepaid plan the other day and it seemed to have worked fine. the customer hasnt come back yet, so im assuming all is good. I also managed to put an iphone on a prepaid using a dummy imei, but of course it has no data connection. (the captivate did though)

sorry for the dumb question, but with which prepaid plan?

Upvote 0
I just recently put a captivate on a prepaid plan the other day and it seemed to have worked fine. the customer hasnt come back yet, so im assuming all is good. I also managed to put an iphone on a prepaid using a dummy imei, but of course it has no data connection. (the captivate did though)
-----------
How to do exactly that to my new captivate? whats "dummy imei" ?
i need step by step instructions or I will get lost easy.
Please!!!!!

whats a black list? I just got my new captivate but I cant honor the contract.

Upvote 0
-----------
How to do exactly that to my new captivate? whats "dummy imei" ?
i need step by step instructions or I will get lost easy.
Please!!!!!

Changing the IMEI is illegal in most countries and therefore is against forum rules to discuss. It's like forging the VIN# on your car.

I just got my new captivate but I cant honor the contract.
If you can't honor the contract then you shouldn't have bought the phone and agreed to a contract.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones