1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Prepaid plans?

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by claire t, Dec 11, 2013.

1. claire t

claire t Newbie

I've skimmed through the forum and haven't seen this mentioned in Verizon.

Has anyone looked at the Prepaid plans? This is from the website: "Get the biggest bang for your buck with Verizon Wireless new basic prepaid plans. On a budget? Get unlimited text & Web and 500 anytime minutes for only $35 a month. Need more? Step up to our unlimited talk, text and Web prepaid plan for just $50 a month." One plan for "smartphone" is $70 with unlimited everything and then their "basic" phones (which ARE smartphones) have unlimited everything for $50. You do not need to buy a phone, you can activate your own.

Unlimited everything for $50? I'm paying double that with my corporate discount and limited on my talk time. Has anyone signed up for this prepaid plan? Need to increase my talk time and attempted to get unlimited minutes--but lost my corporate discount and bill was increased by $60. So back to my 900 minutes.

And regarding unlimited data, I have never had an issue with V trying to take this away from me. I've changed phones 4 times in the past 2 years and have changed my plan just once (recently to the unlimited minutes--and then changed back to current plan). I still have my unlimited data plan.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. svensett

svensett Android Enthusiast

I think you are looking at the "Basic Phone" plans. There is a separate set of plans for smartphones, and neither include unlimited data. 2GB data and unlimited everything else for $60, or 4GB data with unlimited everything else for $70.

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

And 4G/LTE phones aren't included/allowed on the pre-pay plans. It's for 3G only.

la sal likes this.
  4. timelord65

timelord65 Android Enthusiast

Yeah those $50 plans are for dumb phones only. And only 3G smartphones, No 4g phones can be activated on prepaid as far as I know.

5. Kritter888

Kritter888 Android Enthusiast

6. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

For 45 a month you can ho to straight talk and keep your current phone and have unlimited everything, you can do Boost for 55 a Month but you will need to buy a new phone.
    I don't know about other prepaid providers.

7. Kritter888

Kritter888 Android Enthusiast

8. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.