1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

preparations for updating to ICS.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Reave, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Reave

Reave Lurker

Hi, I'm on Vodafone UK with my Galaxy S2, and tomorrow ICS should be available to download via Kies.

Are there any special preparations I should do before updating? i have already backed up all my pictures, videos, music, contacts etc. but I was thinking more apps that may interfere with the installation?

Currently, i'm using LauncherPro as a custom homescreen launcher. Will I need to delete this, and maybe some other apps so that the update goes smoothly, or would that not really matter?

Thanks for any help in advance.

--

Reave

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Logan47

Logan47 Android Enthusiast

Sounds like you've covered the bases. I'd close your launcher and go back to the stock one prior to the upgrade just to ensure no unwanted apps are running over the top of the stock interface. You should be able to set your launcher as default once more after upgrade is over, or any other that you wish. Apex launcher is a nice one for ICS only. Worth a look.
    Make sure your battery is topped up before you begin the upgrade process.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews