1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Preparing for GB Upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rjr1049, May 28, 2011.

1. rjr1049

rjr1049 Newbie

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    I an running a rooted Droid X with the 340 OS on it. I am planning on using the maderstock file to revert to stock 340 anticipating that I will upgrade it to GB. I have a few questions about the upgrade that I would like to understand before doing the upgrade.

1. I have a number of paid apps on the phone now. If I do the upgrade will the market app know which apps are paid previously or will it lose that info? Do I need to save these before I do the upgrade or just reinstall from the market?

2. For free apps will the market app remember them or will I need to do a fresh install? Should I save these as well?

3. Is it possible to install maderstock without doing the factory reset? It seems to (sometimes) cause boot loops but I don't know if this always happens.

4. If I delete the cache and reset it, do I lose any info saved by apps such as serial numbers or is that info saved elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Advertisement

2. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    as long as you have not frozen or removed anything you shouldn't have to maderstcok to get the OTA...

yup

its supposed to...doesn't always work completely right..you can always back them all up with titanium backup...

sure its possible...i wouldn't

no you won't lost anything by wiping cache...except your cache of course :D

no problem