1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Preparing for the Note 4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thaKing, Oct 25, 2014.

1. thaKing

thaKing Android Enthusiast

My wife and I both have the S3. I'm rooted, she's stock. We are moving to the Note 4 tomorrow. What should each of us do to prepare for the move? Meaning, I know to back up photos/videos, but not sure what else I can do with my wife's stock phone.

What about my rooted phone - what can I backup to move over, etc? Any tips appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Check out the Samsung app Smart Switch in the Play Store. I used it, it does a great job of moving data from one device to another - in my case from an S4 to the N4.
    Text messages, phone logs - all kinds of stuff that is normally lost from one device to another are moved.
    With this and what you've already stated you'll be backing up, I think you'll be covered.

3. thaKing

thaKing Android Enthusiast

Not sure that will work. We're trading in the S3's at the store for the Notes. If I read that correctly, both will need to have the app installed and it transfers the data between.

If all I need to worry about backing up are: vids, pics, music, texts, then I may just use sms backup + for texts. Everything else I can move to the pc.

4. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

I would like to believe that they'd let you have both phones in your hands long enough to transfer data. Surely they won't say "give me your old phone RIGHT NOW!" :)

Install the software on your old phone and have it ready to go, then all you have to do is install it on the new phone and do the transfer.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews