1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Preparing USB Storage on Notification Bar When Starting Up?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bizzy1, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Bizzy1

Bizzy1 Newbie

Anyone know what this mean?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

When booting your phone it appears. It is just a notification of the USB storage being mounted in the phone's OS. It is a normal notification.

Bizzy1 likes this.
  3. pm5544

pm5544 Android Enthusiast

Is that the only message you see, and do you have an external SD card inserted on your phone?

4. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

It appears when I connect an USB OTG cable with an USB device like a thumb drive on my phone :)

BTW, for disconnecting I go to the phone's Settings, Storage ... and unmount the USB storage, like I do it on my PC with an USB disk drive.

Harry

5. pm5544

pm5544 Android Enthusiast

Are you not getting confused with the SD card external storage? my USB storage is used all the time when I don't have an ExternalSD card installed.

6. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

You're right :)

When mounting USB storage via OTG cable then the notification "Preparing USB Storage, please wait" pops up as window on the screen, not on the notification bar. In this case the phone acts as USB host.

In the past when my phone could be connected as mass storage to a PC, I think it was the same notification on the notifiaction bar when I disconnected and then phone mounted its external SD card.
    The phone as mass storage for a PC means the SD card is unmounted on the phone and mounted on the PC.

Harry

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews