• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PreRunning preloading custom ROM virtual machine mobile

kumaranil13k

Jan 10, 2020
Question How to PreRunning preloading pretesting custom/stock ROM in android virtual machine on mobile device

I Have many custom android custom rom (android 6,7,8,9,10,11) availabale for my device i want to check all roms and test their features (mainly adoptable storage or move app to sd and permission security features) and weather it's not a buggy or problematic rom before installing or flashing is there any app available which can load the android on virtual machine virtual box or android emulator on mobile device (not on pc computer)

After google I founded a link quesion in the forum and answered by ash-ish which link and aswer I pasted below stating how to virtually load the custom rom through multi ROM app

Before trying I just want to confirm and have following queries in mind

MY queries

Q1. Is multiboot app install multiple roms or single rom

Q2. Does multiboot app safe and authenticated

Q3. Does multiboot app really load virtually the custom ROM or it writes or install roms to the internal memory or does it touches any rom partitions

Q4 does chances to brick the mobile if there is some buggy or corrupt custom rom image then can I corrupt the original firmware of mobile device while loading virtually

Q5. Can later multiboot app be uninstalled and remove do it leave any leftovers in rom.. if I take NANDROID backup of recovery system userdata and boot partition through twrp ir adb pull can I r cover back the mobile or recover from bricked stage of mobile device

Q6. As the suggestion in the following link answer for multiboot is for samsung galaxy edge will it work on all android mobile will it work on my lyf water 7 device

Q7. Any more advice opinion suggestion expert advice

My findings

Android emulator

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25985384/run-custom-rom-on-android-emulator

Multiboot app

https://android.stackexchange.com/q...or-custom-rom-in-a-virtual-machine-on-android

Question Running a stock or custom ROM in a virtual machine on Android⠀
android-emulator samsung-galaxy-s-6 virtualbox
Can I run a virtual Android machine on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge? Or maybe can I run a custom ROM without flashing stock?

Answered by Ash-Ishh

> Part 1: Using Multiple ROMs without flashing again and again

> App required: MultiRom
> Introduction:

> MultiRom powerful utility that installs itself into your Custom Recovery.

> First Step: "BACKUP" It is recomended to make a nandroid backup of your current ROM in case something goes wrong you can just restore it.

> Procedure:

> Once you have installed MultiRom open up the app. MultiRom will ask for Root Access. After granting it, you should see Multirom and its current version, the recovery that is required to manage Multirom with, and the MultiRom Kernel (Kexec-hardboot patch)

> Just tick all 3 boxes to install Multirom, the recovery patch, and the kernel. Once it’s finished installing, MultiRom Manager should prompt you to reboot into Recovery to complete the installation. Once you’ve entered the Custom recovery, it should complete the installation and will soon reboot itself.

> A message will appear saying something similar like the device will boot into the internal rom in 5 seconds, unless you click cancel. You haven’t installed another Rom into MultiRom yet, so you should only see one option to boot into, and that should say Internal. Internal is pretty much your current Rom, or whatever you were using before installing Multirom. If you do not click cancel, your device will boot into the Internal Rom by default, so click cancel in the event you decide to boot into a different Rom.

> Now, in order for you to boot into a different Rom, first you have to download the different Custom Roms you want.

> ONLY DOWNLOAD THE CUSTOM ROM THAT’S SUPPORTED BY YOUR DEVICE

> Note that once you install your Custom Rom, Google Apps and Services will not be installed on it, so you will have to download something called GAPPS (Google Apps) for the respective Android version. so now download the GAPPS zip file.

> Once you are back into your device’s Stock Rom, we will be using TWRP Recovery, as it is the default Custom recovery supported by MultiRom. Once you are in TWRP, click advanced. You should see a new option called MultiRom. Click that, and you can configure settings, as well as install your Custom Rom to boot from.

> Assuming you now have your Custom Rom downloaded on your device,click “Add Rom.” You will see many settings on the screen. For Choose ROM type, leave it by default, which is Android. Share Roms with Internal ROM, just leave that as don’t share. You can also see where the Custom Rom will be installed to. By default it will list your internal memory, but if you have an SD card, or even a USB Flash drive that is plugged into your device VIA OTG cable, it will be listed there as well. So just pick the destination of where you want your Custom Rom to be installed/saved on.

> Click next, and select your source of installing your custom Rom. 3 Options will appear, which include Zip File, Backup, and ADB Sideload. You should have downloaded your Custom Rom earlier in for form of a .zip file, so just select ZIP File. Next, you will navigate to the place where you downloaded your Custom Rom, which most likely will be located in your Downloads folder. So find that and select it. Once you have it selected, you will reach a page where it shows you to confirm flash. So swipe the bar to confirm the Flash, or installation of your Custom Rom, and let it install on its own. Once the installation has ended, do not be so quick as to click reboot.

> Click the back button on the bottom right hand side, and head over to the List Roms option from earlier. Then, click on the Rom that you just installed, and click Flash Zip, which will flash the Zip file for that individual Rom. Now, flash Google’s apps and services that you have downloaded now Reboot>system.

> You should be prompted with the same interface as earlier when you installed MultiRom where it asks you which Rom you want to boot into. Click Cancel, as we do not want to boot into our internal rom. Now you should see your brand new installed Custom Rom name listed in the Boot options. Click on that, and confirm you want to boot into it.

> Now the Custom Rom’s default boot animation should appear, so that indicates you’ve done everything right. Note that this simulates the process of a brand new fresh operating system being booted up for the first time, so the boot process should take a while longer, just wait a few minutes until you reach the device setup screen.

> In the case that you want to uninstall MultiRom, just boot back into your Internal rom and head over to the Multirom Manager app, and click on the big trash can at the top right corner, as this just means the removal and deletion of MultiRom. Click on confirm delete, and follow the on-screen instructions for uninstallation.

You will need to have a rooted phone with a custom recovery (most likely TWRP) installed. The Multiboot app page on stackexchange seems to be clear enough, remember that you will need ROMs specific to your EXACT device (There can be several versions of a device using differing hardware intended for different markets around the world). Just be sure to fully understand the steps and files required.
I'd install the custom recovery and root the phone first so * could make a nandroid backup (A full backup of the phone including the Operating system so you can recover the phone to it's previous state if anything goes wrong.

Reactions: kumaranil13k
Upvote 0
@Davdi bro thanks for sharing your precious time advice opinion suggestion and knowledge to greatful for you thanks a lot

You will need to have a rooted phone with a custom recovery (most likely TWRP) installed. The Multiboot app page on stackexchange seems to be clear enough, remember that you will need ROMs specific to your EXACT device (There can be several versions of a device using differing hardware intended for different markets around the world). Just be sure to fully understand the steps and files required.
I'd install the custom recovery and root the phone first so * could make a nandroid backup (A full backup of the phone including the Operating system so you can recover the phone to it's previous state if anything goes wrong.
@Davdi bro how much internal memory free space is needed for multiboot app to work virtually load the custom rom (can we check how much space rom requires before virtually loading or installing as no information given on custom rom features page) do multiboot app it is compatible with all android os versions (5.11 or 6.1) or with specific android versions or its work for only some specific mobile devices or all devices.

Yes I have loaded twrp recovery through fastboot boot twrprecovery.img (loading twrp recovery in fastboot bootloader mode) and succesfully taken NANDROID backup of system.img data.img boot.img backup through twrp recovery in backup menu (without rooting) and also with adb pull .../mmcblck0p30 system.img also.

but I am confused that if something goes wrong then can in recover the backup write flash back to the device rom (if something goes wrong) from the fastboot bootloader mode loaded twrp recovery image (fastboot boot twrprecovery.img) or I should install flash write the twrprecovery.img to the recovery partion to (as I prefer not to touch rom till nothing goes bad) but still I have to root it anyhow for multiboot (magisk superuser)

Upvote 0
Amount of memory and storage depends on the ROMs you want to use. Ideally you'd want enough storage to install multiboot and the other ROM you want, leaving enough free storage for everything else you want on the phone. If the phone came with Android earlier than 6, you'd be struggling with storage. As for memory (Ram), if the ROM is specific tou your phone, there should be no problem. Have a look at xda-developers.com for your phone to see what ROMs may be available.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
@mikedt bro thanks for sharing your precious time knowledge opinion advice suggestions and to grateful to you

AFAICT for a Lyf Water 7 and suitable custom ROMs, all there is can be found here.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/cm_12-1-stable-ls-5504-_lyf_water-7.3595710/

@mikedt bro whenever I try to download from xda custom rom page in many case it takes to google drive app or chrome and ask for permission request for downloading and no email or request recieved after waiting for many days ...how can I download the custom rom from xda and which custom roms are good and how to know how much internal memory space these custom rom occupies as the mobile have 16gb rom .

Can we test these roms in MULTIROM app

Can I tell me which of the following rom is best compatible suitable of my mobile device from xda and specially which can have move app to sd or format sd as internal memory adoptable storage option

1. Android 6.0.3 Resurrection Remix
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/volte-6-0-1-resurrectionremix-for-lyf-water-7.3726541/

2. Android 7.1.1 XenonHD Nougat for LYF Water-7

3.MiUi8 For Lyf Water-7

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/miui8-lp-stable-v6-9-8-miui_8_for-lyf-water7.3649689/

4. MiUi_7 For Lyf Water-7

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/miui_7-lp-stable-miui_7_for-lyf-water7.3633548/

5. Blisspop Rom For Lyf Water-7
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-blisspop-5-1-1-stable-for-lyf-water-7.3625944/

6. CyanogenMod12.1 For Lyf Water
CM_12.1Stable LS-5504 Lyf_Water-7

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/cm_12-1-stable-ls-5504-_lyf_water-7.3595710/

7. Stock_Edited_RoM android 5.1.1 lolipop

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ackup_format-for-lyf-water-7-ls-5504.3604116/

Upvote 0
@mikedt bro thanks for sharing your precious time knowledge opinion advice suggestions and to grateful to you

@mikedt bro whenever I try to download from xda custom rom page in many case it takes to google drive app or chrome and ask for permission request for downloading and no email or request recieved after waiting for many days ...how can I download the custom rom from xda and which custom roms are good and how to know how much internal memory space these custom rom occupies as the mobile have 16gb rom .

Yeh they're hosted on OneDrive with restricted access. If the dev isn't responding to access requests. They were posted 4 years ago, and maybe the original dev is no longer around? Given that, I think the only thing you can do is to join XDA, make a post in that thread, and hopefully someone else has those ROMs.

16GB is going to be very restrictive even with just one ROM. The one phone I had with only 16GB, was my original Samsung Galaxy S, I had ten years ago.

Can we test these roms in MULTIROM app

No idea, I didn't even know that existed until I read this thread.
Somebody else may know

Of course I can't tell you if any of those Lyf Water 7 ROMs are any good, or safe, or not, apart from reading what's already posted in XDA.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones