• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

President Donald Trump...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axl Rose told him to stop whining.

The NYTimes is one of the top papers in the country. So is the Washington Post.
He keeps denigrating those and major networks news outlets, that will leave Faux News and one hand washing the other. Won't do him any good with readers who do read more than the local weather and traffic.

Upvote 0
Man sets himself on fire after yelling about election results at Akron coffee shop

The department says the man, who was dressed in a U.S. Marine Corps uniform, walked into Angel Falls Coffee on South Highland Ave. yelling about the recent protests over the election results.

He then left the coffee shop, grabbed a can of gasoline from his car and set himself on fire. A witness in a nearby business ran out and extinguished the flames.

...I was gonna do that in 2008!​

Upvote 0
More evidence of Trump's astonishing diplomatic naivety. Telling another country who to appoint as their ambassador instantly introduces tension into that relationship.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38060434

Plus Mr Farage has hardly covered himself in glory over here, almost single handedly wrecking our relations with Europe. I think this guy has done enough damage.

Upvote 0
toddler-tantrum.jpg

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
Now all the critics are trying to join his team. Mitt Romney was at Trump Tower.

The old white population is running scared. In a decade or so, they will be the minority.
Same with religion. Those idiots want to indoctrinate everyone before they can't.
Churchgoing is at a new low. I live in a city full of the idiots. I don't mind minorities. I find a lot of them more interesting than a lot of the white people who only believe mainline mindsets.

Talk about stupidity:
Read an article about why white suburban women voted for Trump.
Ivanka is so stylish and they like her mdse. They figure that father is the same.

You can take style and that whole damn female outlook and stuff it down the nearest uncleaned-out outhouse.

Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0
Btw I tweeted Mr Farage, to explain how trying to usurp the current UK/US ambassador, undermining his position, and introducing tension into our special relationship is in the best interests of our country, as he claims that's what he's trying to achieve, but he hasn't responded. I'll let you know if he does.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
The demagogic genius of Donald J. Trump

The ominous fact is that Trump is undeniably one of the greatest intuitive political geniuses in history. Think about it: A wealthy businessman with no political experience at all takes on more than a dozen experienced politicians and manages to prevail, winning the presidential nomination of a major party. He then runs what an army of experts and analysts consider to be a train wreck of a general-election campaign and nonetheless manages to prevail to become the president-elect of the most powerful nation on Earth. It's an astonishing accomplishment.​

Upvote 0
This was a 4 party election held with 2 party candidates.
Party 1 (democrat) was thrilled to have a lifelong politician from a good "political family" that would beat the drum for the old guard dems.
Party 2 (leaning democrat) These are my people for the most part. Care about civil rights, care about humanity, care about the environment, care about individual human rights. Mostly scared to death when Hillary won the nod because we knew it would be (BCS) business as usual and little would actually get done. Hate Hillary and wished almost anyone else could have been the choice.
Party 3 (STRONGLY republican) The old guard republicans, God first, no rights for gays or women, there is no global warming, government too big, too much tax, shouldn't provide healthcare to anyone. Have those babies cause there will be no abortion but once they are here $crew them they are on their own.
Party 4 (leaning republican) These are the people that are sick of business as usual, want a voice for "the little guy", believe that America is off the tracks and wanted someone to "fix it". Mostly moderate, mostly good people, appreciate diversity, believe in women's rights but still hold fast to family values, and dream of a "simpler time". This party is not racist, misogynist separatists, they sadly are thrown in with them due to their vote. Also sadly a lot of them bought into Trump fixing America, why I have no idea cause most of them are really smart people.

Now, what took place is this.

Party 1 voted for Hillary because they were diametrically opposed to "the wall" the racist rhetoric, the hate, the divisive nature of the republican campaign. They want environmental laws, they want protection from persecution. Still (mostly) hate Hillary regardless.

Party 2 was split by some percentage voting for Hillary or Trump or third party or write in. They believe the same as party 1 but some were so disenfranchised by Hillary as the democratic nominee they chose to go another route, can't blame them.

MOST of both party 3 and 4 voted for Trump except in rare cases voting for Hillary (due to conscience) or third party due to Trump's own nastiness.

Now, the wild card was party 5. (HEY WAIT I THOUGHT THIS WAS 4 PARTIES???) This is the group of "mostly republican" knuckle draggers, we'll call them the toothless minority (no offence intended) this party rarely has voted over the years cause until now there was no candidate racist enough to get the KKK members motivated. These people are excited and already flexing their racist muscle by violence, intimidation and openly revealing what they had mostly kept behind closed doors until now. They want a strong white America, strong boarders, strong military, take no crap from nobody.

What happened is, party 5 was all in for Trump, party 2 was not committed enough to Hillary so boom, we end up with Trump. Whom I am personally embarrassed by. All I have to hold onto (to give me some faith in America) is the fact that Hillary will end up winning the popular vote by millions, so at least I know most of the people (that voted) saw through the thinly veiled republican candidate.

The preceding was simply an expression of opinion and by no means is meant to put anyone or any group of people down. In America we all have a right to think what we want to and to express it peacefully, that's all I am doing.

Also - on a side note. It's sad that politics (the 2 party system in particular) has degraded to the point of doing something just to undermine the other party. Not because you or your constituents believe it's the right thing or the best thing to do, but just because it will block the other party. That goes for BOTH sides of the isle too. That above everything bothers me about the current political climate. No one wants to make anything better or fix anything (no not even Trump) Everyone just wants to undermine, beat, defeat the other party. It's sad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The demagogic genius of Donald J. Trump

The ominous fact is that Trump is undeniably one of the greatest intuitive political geniuses in history. Think about it: A wealthy businessman with no political experience at all takes on more than a dozen experienced politicians and manages to prevail, winning the presidential nomination of a major party. He then runs what an army of experts and analysts consider to be a train wreck of a general-election campaign and nonetheless manages to prevail to become the president-elect of the most powerful nation on Earth. It's an astonishing accomplishment.​
No, it's the old snake oil salesman. He could sell coals to the Devil.

Upvote 0
Good article Jeff... Surprised you posted it... But nice one

Thank you. As I've said, more or less on that other thread, I didn't originally think Trump had a chance in the primaries. I thought an existing figure would walk all over him, but none of them could figure that out. Once he was nominated, I was completely behind him because he was the Republican nominee.

While being elated that he and all three branches won, I, like countless others, have no idea what he's really gonna deliver. But that's been true about a lot of the newly elected.

Can't wait to see this unexpected development.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The conflicts of interest the new President will have, including a violation of the constitution! are staggering

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38069298

"Mr Trump owns two golf courses in Scotland and has recently asked Nigel Farage to oppose wind farms, not because he believed they were bad for the UK or contradicted US energy goals, but because a wind project would potentially lower the value of one of his golf courses."

Reactions: notacoach
Upvote 0
Trump: Ahead of the game

With 50 days left until his inauguration, President-elect Trump is ahead of the game.

Not only has he been able to make good on his campaign promise to keep some U.S. manufacturing jobs from leaving the United States, he’s also exceeded his predecessors in the number of candidates he’s nominated to his Cabinet.

While there was some early negative coverage of Trump’s transition scramble, in the three weeks since his victory over Democratic challenger Hillary Clinton, Trump has steadily rolled out a series of top staff hires and Cabinet picks, including Steven Mnuchin for treasury secretary, Elaine Chao for transportation secretary and Wilbur Ross for commerce secretary.

In all, he’s made eight Cabinet nominations in three weeks – outperforming all of his president-elect predecessors dating back to Richard Nixon. His closest competitor is former President George H.W. Bush, who announced four Cabinet picks three weeks after the election. President Obama came in third with one pick.​

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Would you like me to point out the errors in that article from Fox 'news' or shall we just assume that it's misleading ... (I don't mind either way)

do you think ... your efforts would make a dent in a trumpster's RDF?
RDF = reality distortion field

drumpf's RDF is bigly stronger than Steve Job's RDF
if Steve Jobs was alive, I think he would sue drumpf
now that would be big league!

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I don't know if Jeff read the article online, or if he wants to talk about it... If he does fine, we can all discuss it like grown ups.... If on the other hand he isn't interested then we won't brother... I thought this was a better way of dealing with it than just looking like we were ignoring it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones