• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

President Donald Trump...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not studied the backgrounds on the cabinet member elects yet.
too busy taking care of my wife in the hospital.

But, I am on the other side of the fence that I agree with him getting as many of them chosen before he is inaugurated so that the complete administration is ready to roll and try to get each of their own "administrative houses in order" as soon as possible.

I forget which president it was, that took nearly a full year to get a cabinet elected and approved by congress. that to me is insane...

but what do I know? I am just a flunky who worked with his hands all his life to earn a sheckle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yoda_One
Upvote 0
Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
Would you like me to point out the errors in that article from Fox 'news' or shall we just assume that it's misleading ... (I don't mind either way)

The thing that Fox article most does is confirm that "Big Money" is apparently now ok (despite having been cited as A Big Problem Of The Opposition during the election), since there's going to be plenty of it in this administration. If it wasn't so bloody awful, I'd just say Schadenfreude, but the horrendous impact it's likely to have not only on the country but the world is too distressing for that.

I've never seen such blatant hypocrisy in my life.

Upvote 0
ISIS declares WAR on Trump's inauguration day calling it 'BLOODY FRIDAY'

And the Islamic terror organisation is reported to have recruited a number of new English speaking operatives in recent months in a major bid to communicate messages ahead of the event.

US special forces will be on high alert when Mr Trump takes over as 45th President of the United States on Friday, January 20, 2017, in Washington, DC.

But security analysts have been following communications between members of the group who are planning large scale attacks on that day, it has been claimed.​

Upvote 0
FAIL: PRWeek’s ‘Survey’ of 22 PR Pros Found ZERO Predictions for Trump
49356.jpg
Craig Bannister | 12 hours ago
The pre-election predictions of communications professionals surveyed by PRWeek proved to be unanimously – and embarrassingly – wrong. Could every PR executive in the U.S. have been so off, or was this a case of media bias in choosing the "experts?”

On Nov. 8, PRWeek published “They're with her: PR execs predict a resounding Clinton victory,” in which it reported the pre-election predictions of 22 communications professionals – not one of whom predicted Donald Trump would win the election. Not only were their predictions wrong, they were embarrassingly wrong, with some apparently more influenced by personal opinion than science.

As a result of the overwhelming inaccuracy of the experts surveyed, PRWeek’s “biggest lesson” for PR executives proved wrong:

“The greatest irony here and the biggest lesson for communications professionals: Donald Trump may lose tomorrow because millions of Latino, Muslim, and women voters he vilified – Democrats and Republicans among them—help push Hillary to victory.”

No, the “greatest irony here” is that those who make a living as barometers, and drivers, of public opinion could all be so far off.

Here are ten of their most outrageously bad predictions - and the wimpiest one.​

Most Wildly Inaccurate:

“I believe that my former boss Hillary Clinton will make history and become the first woman POTUS and she will win by an Electoral College landslide of 322 to 216. That includes Florida, Nevada, and North Carolina.” - Kris Balderston, president of global public affairs and strategic engagement, FleishmanHillard

So, PRWeek surveyed a former Clinton employee, who picked Clinton. And, while Clinton did take Nevada’s six electoral votes, she lost 29 in Florida and 15 in North Carolina.

“There is no doubt in my mind that Hillary Clinton will be our next leader and that the Democrats will take back the Senate. My prediction is that we will be awed by the numbers.” - David Landis, president, Landis Communications

“Hillary Clinton will get 300-plus electoral votes.” - Richard Edelman, CEO, Edelman

Click to Tweet
“Clinton is going to win and the reason is that Trump could never get the concept of the "movable middle" in campaign strategy.” “For that reason, Clinton will capture at least 310 electoral votes.” - Rob Flaherty, CEO, Ketchum

“No doubt about it—Hillary Clinton has to be our new president. Not only does she have to be, she will be.” - Jen Dobrzelecki, EVP and Head of U.S., M&C Saatchi PR

“Clinton will win with a sizable majority.” - Aedhmar Hynes, CEO, Text100

Click to Tweet
“Clinton is going to win with over 300 electoral votes.” “Trump will ultimately lose because he acts like a neofascist.” - Richard Levick, founder and CEO, Levick

“Hillary Clinton wins by a slightly larger margin than Barack Obama did in 2012.” - Jamie Moeller, global MD, public affairs, Ogilvy Public Relations​

Most Ironic:

“My guess: Trump wins popular vote but barely and loses the electoral college.” - Lee Carter, president, maslansky + partners

In actuality, the opposite happened, despite Carter’s claim of unprecedented knowledge of the American public: “As communicators we have the ability to know our audiences better than we ever have before.”

“Clinton will win, in a closer election than anyone could have predicted.” - Rick French, chairman and CEO, French|West|Vaughn​

Safest:

“I predict with absolute confidence that on Tuesday…somebody will probably be elected president of the United States. Sorry I can’t be more specific, but this cycle has upended all the usual rules. If we learn anything from 2016, it’s that predictions will be wrong.” - Greg Jenkins, founder of North Bay Strategies​

Well, yes, yes, they will – but, how could all of them be SO wrong?

Upvote 0
I'd have to get the source, but my husband remembers reading over a year ago that the British Civil Service had been told to prepare for a Trump Administration. Also, British bookies had him at much lower odds than HRC and obviously expected a win.

Also somebody I know who works for a survey company that did several major political polls said that, without fail, anybody who said they were voting Trump then refused to complete the survey and wouldn't go on record; this for sure skewed the polls. (Aside: why would they be so ashamed of their views to not want to admit them?!)

Your global media conspiracy theory isn't quite as tight as you'd like to believe.

Upvote 0
I'd have to get the source, but my husband remembers reading over a year ago that the British Civil Service had been told to prepare for a Trump Administration. Also, British bookies had him at much lower odds than HRC and obviously expected a win.

Also somebody I know who works for a survey company that did several major political polls said that, without fail, anybody who said they were voting Trump then refused to complete the survey and wouldn't go on record; this for sure skewed the polls. (Aside: why would they be so ashamed of their views to not want to admit them?!)

Your global media conspiracy theory isn't quite as tight as you'd like to believe.
I think a lot of democrats that voted for obama last election voted for trump this time. But mostly did so secretly

Upvote 0
But because the number of people who voted republican stayed at the same level, your explanation would only make sense if republican voters stayed at home, and were replaced by the same number of democrats who switched side.. Not impossible, but the more likely explanation is that the extra democrats who voted for Obama , just didn't vote at all.

Upvote 0

For obvious reason.
Reprisal from Progressives friends.
It was a private decision( The reason that voting booth is made for one person
It wasn't anybody's business.

We do not live in the Progressive, far left bubble.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For obvious reason.
Reprisal from Progressives friends.
It was a private decision( The reason t bring booth is made for one person
It wasn't anybody's business.

We do not live in the Progressives, far left bubble.
Not obvious at all. It's never been anybody's business in previous elections where people were quite happy to publicly and openly declare their choice , so I'm not sure that is actually any kind of definitive explanation.

PS the idea of ANYTHING in US politics being perceived as "far left" makes me laugh out loud.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
Is Donald Trump already the president?

President-elect Trump has spent the month since his election victory engaging in some distinctly presidential-style behavior, including engaging with businesses on behalf of the American people, conducting a bit of foreign policy, and delivering sweeping public addresses — all before he holds the authority of the presidency.

With weeks to go until he takes office, Trump's moves have tested the limits of his unofficial powers as the president-in-waiting. And although his activism has drawn scrutiny from detractors, his favorability ratings have hit new heights on the heels of several high-profile successes.​

Upvote 0

President-elect Trump has spent the month since his election victory engaging in some distinctly presidential-style behavior, including engaging with businesses on behalf of the American people, conducting a bit of foreign policy, and delivering sweeping public addresses — all before he holds the authority of the presidency.

With weeks to go until he takes office, Trump's moves have tested the limits of his unofficial powers as the president-in-waiting. And although his activism has drawn scrutiny from detractors, his favorability ratings have hit new heights on the heels of several high-profile successes.​
Well.. I still have no idea if Jeff has read this, or wishes to discuss it with anyone.

For the benefit of those that like discussion, I know nothing about how credible the Washington Examiner is as a news source... However the story underneath Jeff's chosen article is

Also from the Washington Examiner
Terry McAuliffe says his pet chicken named Hillary died right before election

I think that pretty much tells me all I need to know.....

Last edited:
Reactions: notacoach
Upvote 0

kakakaka hahahaha
LOL

you are joking right? hahahaah
that is a good one

Upvote 0
Clinton blasts 'epidemic' of fake news

Hillary Clinton on Thursday decried the spread of fake news online, calling it an “epidemic” that Congress should take action against.

“The epidemic of malicious fake news and false propaganda that flooded social media over the past year — it’s now clear the so-called fake news can have real-world consequences,” Clinton said during a speech on Capitol Hill.

Some Democrats have argued the spread of anti-Clinton fake news online contributed to her electoral loss to Donald Trump.

The issue has received renewed attention this week after a gunman entered a pizzeria in Washington that was at the center of a false viral conspiracy theory that alleged it was home to a pedophilia ring operated by Clinton and her inner circle.

“This isn’t about politics or partisanship,” Clinton continued during her speech Thursday at a ceremony honoring retiring Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.).

“Lives are at risk — lives of ordinary people just trying to go about their days, to do their jobs, contribute to their communities.”

“It’s a danger that must be addressed and addressed quickly,” she said.
...what a bunch of sore losers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones