1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

pressure on the back of the screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by escalade6103, Feb 13, 2011.

1. escalade6103

escalade6103 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    aviation technician
    BFE
    I've got a extended battery with an ultra thin case and an Iskin on the front. Using the extended battery and a case puts slightly more pressure on the screen than normal but having the skin on the front adds more pressure as well. And now when i type i see that pressure mark on the screen. My question is does that hurt anything? Obviously it's not helping but i didn't know if it would significantly effect the w screen? I'm going to try and dremel the case a lil bit and hopefully that will work. I can take the Iskin off but i don't wanna waste $15. But before someone says it yes i will take it off if i need to.

Advertisement

2. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert
    None

May 14, 2010
    You never want to see pressure on the screen.

Not only will it slowly compromise the integrity of the screen, but when components are pressed together, they are under a lot more stress and are a LOT more inclined to fail if you drop the phone or whack it on something.

It's the same reason why I think people were ridiculous for running the stock backing with the extended battery. Why would you deliberately compromise the phone like that? It's inevitably going to cause problems eventually.

3. escalade6103

None

Aug 6, 2010
    aviation technician
    BFE
    That's what i figured. But the more i messed with it is when i found out it's not anything to do with the battery or the case. I took the case and battery cover off so there was nothing applying pressure and it still did it. So i took out the battery out and with the black screen you can see a line in the screen where it's got constant pressure on it with no battery. I'm going to call and get them to send me a replacement. I don't think this is something they can fix over the phone or with their magic techs. Lol

4. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert
    None

May 14, 2010
    It probably was permanent damage caused by the case. Pressure on the screen can cause permanent lines that won't just go away when you remove the pressure.

5. escalade6103

None

Aug 6, 2010
    aviation technician
    BFE
    It's not lines. It looks like a water spot under the screen protector. That's what it looks like on black screen and the pressure spot only happens when i touch the screen. I don't think it's the case cause as soon as i saw that it was doing this i took the case off and started trying to figure out what was causing it. I initially made this post while my dremel was charging.

6. chmodx

chmodx Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    Have you taken the screen protector off?

I purchased a case for my phone that caused abnormal stress on my phone, I took the case off immediately when noticing "ghosting" on other areas of the screen when I touched it.

The "water spot" that was near the top went away after I removed the screen protector as well. Not sure why the screen protector was affected as well, but it was.

Try that.

7. escalade6103

None

Aug 6, 2010
    aviation technician
    BFE
    I've used the same screen protector for the 5 other replacements and it worked fine on them. And a screen protector won't cause the pressure spots. Since it happens without anything on the phone including the battery door it's hot to be an internal problem.

8. fatpomp

fatpomp Android Enthusiast
    None

May 1, 2010
    Male
    Welder/Fabricator
    Los Angeles, Ca
    A guy I work with just got an X and he came to me and wanted me to root and put a rom on it for him. So I start to do everything and notice the same thing your talking about. Anywhere you touch around the middle of the screen would get this soapy watermark looking line so I told him to take it back and get a new one. He had the stock battery and a hard snap on case on it.

9. chmodx

chmodx Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    I know it doesn't cause pressure spots, but the uneven pressure will cause essentially a weird mark, almost looks like a piece of curly hair on the screen protector until you take it off.

Never mind though, good luck with your replacement.