• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Prevail LTE Root?

I think our adb is secured. When i put phone i. Usb debugging the little droid doesnt appear an in default prop theres a line saying. Ro.Adb.secure = 1. Or along them lines
Hey we do have root on this device. There are instructions. Real easy to follow. Just get the Odin installer that is described with using the PDA method through downloader mode and bang. Your rooted. Only thing that isn't working after for me is the stock browser. Might be cause I changed my DPI. Personally I don't use the stock one I use cm browser that you can find in the play store.

Upvote 0
I tried it on my prevail LTE and is currently running rooted right now. When you first do it I recommend you do it after a fresh wipe and then wipe again immediately thereafter because it will give you a system UID error if not. So use Titanium Backup to restore apps and settings after you wipe ( judiciously). I've talked to shabbypenguin over on XDA to see if he would develop a recovery for it. He's busy so I guess I mean I'm waiting right now for him to get to it.&lt;br /&gt;<br />&lt;br /&gt;<br />Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk&lt;br/&gt;<br/>

Upvote 0
Hey I just acctually rooted my prevail lte yesterday you get cf-autoroot along with it should come some program called ordin3 not open ord in 3 and you will see pda click on that select the.tar.md5 file and check the pda box put your phone in download mode by powering itboff then startin g it and then holding volume down home and power key and stat it up and select download mode them plug your phone in and click start

Upvote 0
does anyone know how to make a custom recovery? i extracted stock one and converted it to a .tar an was able to flash stock recovery back while still being rooted but havent found method i understand for building custom recovery
No clue on how to make one. Must be pretty hard considering that only a few out there or there would be more to choose from. They have to be device specific too.

Upvote 0
well prevail and prevail 2 got one so im sure lte will soon enough. i manually installed fly on mod and set permissions to wat i thought was correct. graphics look clearer and rom is smoother. gona do a battery test tomarrow. ussually im at 50 percent after 4 hrs depending on my data coverage. searching for a signal kills

Upvote 0
I tried the newest kingroot I found which was 4.1.0.249 and it failed to root my phone. Luckily it didn't brick it either though. Still leaving my options though. I really want root access and ultimately I'm looking for WiFi tethering. I have seen a couple of guides on how to decompile some key files, make changes for a different samsung galaxy phone, and recompile it. I'm hoping I don't have to go that extreme but I do really want WiFi tether without having to pay rediculious amounts for it. I saw on boost's page they said something like as low as $3 a day, which is crazy.

This is the article I was referring to: http://forum.xda-developers.com/not...od-how-to-enable-unrestricted-native-t2825356 . I haven't tried to decompile the file yet to see if it has any useful info for us.

Upvote 0
dude phones rootable. nevermind king root. do the odin way from above. first time i did it and it bricked phone was because i unpluged phone to soon. ive fixed that one and now have both the vm samsung galaxy core prime rooted and the boost galaxy prevail rooted with the same shit. same phone

Upvote 0
I was curious how you bricked yours before. I did go through with that method of rooting and it did root successfully. I tried a lot of WiFi tethering without any luck.

After the root though it kept wanting to boot into that corrupt recovery and I had to press the power button an additional time to get it boot up properly. I extracted that stock recovery.img file and used the following tool to get it to .tar.md5 and now everything appears to be good like you said: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2446269 . For some reason when I tried to just tar the file with 7zip it didn't take with Odin but I'm not entirely sure it was 7-zip's fault. Either way fully back up and running with root and stock recovery. Just going to have to fish around with how to wifi tether.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones