• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Prevail LTE root

Did this method work for you?

• Total voters
Screenshot_2015-07-01-06-43-42.png
Screenshot_2015-07-01-06-43-42.png K guys i have prevail lte i rooted using king root i have super su and all pemissions so not sure whats meant by it not giving u full root access im new to rooting and the like but figuring it out still waiting on a custom rom for this phone anyway i bought sq lite editor from play store went to apps/settings storage/settingsdb/scroll down to line 59 itll say wifi_watchdog_on change value from 1 to 0 save it and free hotspot confirmed workin

Upvote 0
I'm glad to see a few more people here. As far as the broken superuser permissions. I found that to happen when I connected to the play store it would update the SU app before I installed busybox. With busybox installed it can update the binaries and not cause me to lose SU.

@billy5150 - Can you provide a little insight into the folder structure and how you got the free hotspot working. I'm having problems finding apps/settings storage/settingsdb/. Thanks.

John - if you are having a broken app and all that it might be best to flash back to stock and just use the auto-cf method to root. I recommend installing busybox prior to allowing the playstore to update your SU app.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@billy5150 - Thanks for the guide. Unfortunately it isn't working for me because something keeps resetting the value to 1. I also tried to tether_dun_required to 0 after having problems and subscription_mode to 0 after that all in a vain attempt to try to keep them 0. Even before attempting to run the tethering app, I'm assuming that watchdog service or something else is writing a 1 back to the file. I am excited to be getting closer.

Upvote 0
Has anyone tried the direct download from here?

https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

I've yet to see that fail for a 3G wifi hotspot.

@ubigred how about posting the method with a PayPal link and take donations?

"How about if I get $100 from desperate people and then give it away," sounds kinda weird.

Upvote 0
Has anyone tried the direct download from here?

https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

I've yet to see that fail for a 3G wifi hotspot.

@ubigred how about posting the method with a PayPal link and take donations?

"How about if I get $100 from desperate people and then give it away," sounds kinda weird.
That is the one I used on the old regular Prevail and it worked perfect all the time.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
@EarlyMon - I kept getting errors trying to use it but how do you force 3G on it? I'm happy to give it a shot.
Forcing 3G has to be done in the phone using your mobile settings. I'm presuming that you'll find that on yours, mine calls it network mode.

You'll have to be more specific about getting errors.

Fwiw, most phones seem to work with generic JB wlan0 and doing the router fix, it has a ton of settings -

1435783133279.jpg

Upvote 0
Not forcing anyone to do it. If you want LTE hotspot, feel to contact me.
You do as you think best.

Pretty sure that 3 posts in 3 hours about your need for money in a community where people just tend to help and take offered donations has pretty much pushed it to wall.

Anything after this pushing it will be treated as spam - please consider this fair warning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones