1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Prevent auto download an install of apps upon rest?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheSuperman, Jul 5, 2013.

1. TheSuperman

TheSuperman Member

After a phone reset or getting a new phone, is there a way to prevent the downloading and isntall of all apps? I'm starting to use the Helium backup app and I'd just rather restore from that using full backups.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

During the initial setup, after you've entered your gmail account info, isn't there an option for you to Restore from Google servers or something (can't remember the exact wording, sorry)? Uncheck the box and that should stop the auto download.

TheSuperman likes this.
  3. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

It's there, but you have to go into your settings>Accounts immediately after the phone lets you in, to disable it or it'll auto-restore. I had that happen on me once. So after you put your Google Account info in, and it does it's thing, as soon as you can actually start using the phone after it finishes, head there and disable the feature for App Data.

TheSuperman and El Presidente like this.
  4. TheSuperman

TheSuperman Member

Ok, thanks guys, that's what I thought, but wasn't sure. I might do a test in a few days. I like to know that the backup really works, so I'd like know that it really restores.

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I used it on my mates unrooted sensation the other day. It backs up everything, but just the data by default.

When you're restoring, if the app isn't installed, you're given the option of going to the Play Store page to download and install again.

Even does call logs and SMS. Really impressed with the app.

6. patruns

patruns Member

Also, go to the Play Store and make sure aut update is turned off in your settings.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews