• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Prevent auto download an install of apps upon rest?

It's there, but you have to go into your settings>Accounts immediately after the phone lets you in, to disable it or it'll auto-restore. I had that happen on me once. So after you put your Google Account info in, and it does it's thing, as soon as you can actually start using the phone after it finishes, head there and disable the feature for App Data.

Upvote 0
Ok, thanks guys, that's what I thought, but wasn't sure. I might do a test in a few days. I like to know that the backup really works, so I'd like know that it really restores.

I used it on my mates unrooted sensation the other day. It backs up everything, but just the data by default.

When you're restoring, if the app isn't installed, you're given the option of going to the Play Store page to download and install again.

Even does call logs and SMS. Really impressed with the app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones