1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Prevent Calendar from Waking Up Phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drexappeal, Feb 3, 2014.

1. drexappeal

drexappeal Android Expert

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
    There are very few things that have frustrated me, with the Note 3, but I had to share this app I found (shared it in the S4 forum as well).

On the Note 2, I could set my calendar reminders to only show a notification in the notification bar, but for whatever reason, Samsung decided to re-design the software so that every calendar reminder I have will wake the phone up and show a pop-up of that calendar event. I absolutely hated this on my HTC Evo, was happy to not have to deal with it on my Motorola Photon and Note 2, but it's back again and has been bothering me, until I found Calendar Snooze

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitfire.development.calendarsnooze&hl=en

So, for those of you that have been searching for a solution, there it is. It even gave me the ability to not have the event showing, except for the notification bar (as well as LED and sound notification, which I always prefer).

For those that were hoping to find a solution like this, let me know if you're having issues setting it up, and I'd be happy to help. There are quite a few settings options, but found the ones that work ideally for how I want the reminders to work.

Advertisement

flailer, atrain311 and dustwun77 like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.