• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Previous / Next buttons", and "Reply to All" added for private messaging system

Phases

NO LONGER ADMIN
Sep 9, 2008
Nashville, TN
You should see previous and next links in the PM system now, similar to what you would see at the bottom of a thread. I've put it above the quick reply in this case though, as I find it a better fit in that position.

Edit: I've also added "reply to all" feature. When you get a PM that has been sent to multiple people, you will see "reply to all" by the list of recipients, as well as a note in the quick reply section reminding you that the quick reply will only go to the sender.

I enabled this once before, but there was a nasty "bug" of the quick reply sending to all by default, which could have lead to some disastrous results. I would rather people have to consciously click a "reply to all" button first.

Thanks

imo, the reply to all note could look a little nicer. At first I thought it said "Quick reply above" and then " Replies to sender ONLY. If replying to multiple recipients, use "Reply to All" link" until I realized that the word above was just on the next line. Maybe the whole thing could be moved to the next line?

Also there is a random line going through the green box-
ku6n9.png

Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
imo, the reply to all note could look a little nicer. At first I thought it said "Quick reply above" and then " Replies to sender ONLY. If replying to multiple recipients, use "Reply to All" link" until I realized that the word above was just on the next line. Maybe the whole thing could be moved to the next line?

Also there is a random line going through the green box-
ku6n9.png

Just my 2 cents.

Wow I wasn't seeing that. How's it look now?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones