• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root PRI Issue?

stevcha

Android Expert
Nov 6, 2009
Will switching the PRI from 1.77 to 1.90 and back cause issues with the radio or reception? It seems like ever since I switched the PRI back and forth my signal strength drops out more. It also seems like apps that require data seem to take longer to update or connect. I don't remember having issues when I was on 1.77 or 1.90 or 1.77 but since switching back to 1.90 I've been having issues. I did clear dalvik and cache for this last flash using RA. I only use 3g. Any ideas?

You need to update PRI, PRL, and profile separately. PRI from recovery, as the version updates with each OTA, typically, PRL from system updates, where you can only update when there's a new version, and profile from system updates whenever you make a significant change to the others. What I was actually referring to more so in that other link was possibly taking your phone in to Sprint to have them reprovision it. It seems like a lot of people have done that recently, fixing problems similar to yours.

Reactions: stevcha
Upvote 0
Yeah, PRL can help too if you're in an area where you don't get great Sprint coverage. As for reprovisioning, supposedly they can do something different if you bring it in. I don't think anyone is terribly clear on whether or not there's a huge difference. It does seem that those who brought theirs in actually had better results than just updating profile. That being said, it looks like your issue was with PRL. Glad that got it done :).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones