1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

price announcement!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BiGMERF, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Maxx

Maxx Member
    None

Sep 24, 2008
    I truly hope they do. I think it would be hilarious if they were using this price point pic as a gotcha...and so...we wait :)

Advertisement

2. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    exactly....things like this happen all the time....people think they caught some good info, get all riled up, it goes viral, everyone is talking about it, then BOOM...It's an even BETTER deal, well how can we possibly resist now....it's all marketing.

3. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Lake Oswego, Or.
    Welcome to the forums lionelhuts, and thanks for making and sharing this spreadsheet.
    No big surprise unsubsidized is the better deal, but I am kinda surprised how small the difference is.

I personally have no problem paying the cash up front for the freedom to switch (or more importantly, cancel) my service in the future, especially if it saves me money in the long run.

Anyone know the details on how insurance will be handled on this phone? especially if choosing unsubsidized?

4. kcope316

kcope316 Lurker
    None

Dec 13, 2009
    CSR
    Groveport, OH
    So I have a question, according what has been leaked, would I be able to return my Cliq that is still in the 14 day return window and switch to the N1 at the subsidized price? I am on a family plan and it is less than 30 days old.

5. Mykpfsu

Mykpfsu Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Assuming you dump your family plan for a single I would imagine so.

6. kayanite

kayanite Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2009
    New here and figured I would throw this in since I just returned mine and have a little insight on this subject, sorta....

Was it a new account or an old account and you upgraded the phone? If it was a new account, I really don't see why not. Other then the fact that as it's listed now you can't do a family plan with it.

However if you upgraded the phone, it might be an issue. I just returned mine and they didn't refund the "upgrade fee" and told me that the only way I could upgrade my phone through them is if I were to come into a retail store (preferably that one) and explain the situation because they have no way to reverse that fee. Not sure how much of that was BS and just trying to get me to come back there when I decided to get a new phone or not and whether or not I can actually call T-Mobile and get that refunded.

7. kayanite

kayanite Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2009
    Also, has anyone thought that let's see all this is true. That landing page is 100% legit. That just maybe, they weren't done with it? That it was just a beta page for testing purposes and once all the kinks between Googles and T-Mobiles servers were figured out, the page would be updated with other plans/options? That's a possibility as well..

8. Spriter

Spriter Member
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    There's no way in hell I'm paying $80 for a plan on T-mobile's network. That's more expensive than Verizon (if you exclude unlimited txts - which is essentially free these days with google voice.)

:(

9. Damian

Damian Newbie
    None

Dec 30, 2009
    True that i think imma just get a Droid off eBay and try to flash it to MetroPCs =\

10. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    LOL @ Google. Go to a budget network to try and charge a premium. Um, duh?! I'm quite flexible on phone and service cost (read: customer ready and willing to pay), but you're not prying me away from Verizon's network.

11. t0ph0id

t0ph0id Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    I agree with this completely.

12. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Extreme Android User
    None

welcome to the forum.. i agree also

13. ItsBrad

ItsBrad Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2009
    I've been using the same t-mobile family plan for some time now and i was wondering if its easy to just take my phones number off the family plan and place it into a single plan? Would there still be one final bill or two? and would it cost me anything extra to do such a switch?

Really i'm just counting on the price requirements to be different when they announce it on January 5th but i am preparing for the worst case scenario. If i can some how get this phone for 180 then theres no point in the 530 unlocked.

14. Mandrew

Mandrew Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 28, 2009
    I wonder how likely it is that this rumor is false (like the last price rumor). I don't want to believe it will actually be $530.

Also, any predictions on when the price will drop?

15. Kaige

Kaige Lurker
    None

Dec 30, 2009
    It's a phone made by HTC, and probably will be the only phone sold directly by Google for awhile ; so I highly doubt prices will drop.

Tags: