• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Prices dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on woot again 349$ refurbished.

So, does that mean that the one I found listed as new, for $269 is actually
NOT NEW, but is really either refurbished or a fake? Or is there a chance
that it's real? Link to site posted in my previous post in this thread.....

The reason I ask is, I've heard of fakes for another Tablet being sold, so I'm
wondering if that sort of thing is happening with the Xoom, too. I don't
want to buy a fake or refurbished model...I want a new one, and I found another
one listed as new for $329.... Just wondering......

Thanks,
---jim

Upvote 0
Hi All I got my Motorola Xoom WIFI 32GB Model for $250

I was wondering if I got a good deal for it?

Considering it sells for $400 to $500

When I got it didn't have any scratches on the screen and no marks on it.

I bought a Screen protector for it.

Also it runs very smooth too I loved it a lot it also can play 1080p Videos very smooth with no lag which is very nice.

please comment thank you.....

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Hi guys:

I bought a brand new Xoom on eBay last night through eBay for $349 using the Buy It Now feature. The seller was dailysteals, and they quickly sold through their allotment of 100 by this morning. The seller has posted another Buy It Now for the Xoom, though it's now listed at $399.

Another bonus is the seller did not charge for shipping and tax. So, depending on the local sales tax in your area, that was an additional savings of at least 10%. As the seller posted, "Black Friday arrives early".

And I was about to buy a used one through Craigslist for $325. I'm glad I did not.

Upvote 0
I have to say, after having even more time with my A500, I'm very happy with it and the
price I paid for it.

The audio quality (when playing MP3s, movies, YouTube HD videos, etc.) is excellent. I have
recently been spending some time on YouTube (and AVIs converted FROM YouTube) of
some favorite Metal, Progressive Rock, Jazz, and Classical concerts, and across the board,
the audio quality and video handling is outstanding. My laptop (the one I'm on right now)
can't keep up with lower-res YouTube videos of the late Louie Bellson (one of the three
all-time great drummers of all time---the other two being the late Buddy Rich, and Neal Peart
of Rush), nor can it keep up with a pianist's hands while he/she is performing Rachmaninoff's
Piano Concerto #3 (those who are familiar with it know what I'm talking about!) ; my A500
strolls right along in full HD as if it was no big deal. Very nice.

And yes, the price did drop (as I thought it might) from the time last month when I posted my
previous post in this thread until the time early this month (the 3rd) when I ordered my A500).

Now the only remaining question is what to do with the Archos 101 IT tablet that I bought
to have something to keep me from being bored while in the hospital after major cancer
surgery (being bored --> poor morale ---> drains from your fighting attitude ---> death).
I have to get warranty repairs made (USB problem apparently standard with that tab),
then will either make it a Linux tablet or sell it. Suggestions?

Later,
--jim

Upvote 0
picked mine up today for $199 billed to my account plus a case and screen protector. had a toshiba thrive for 6 days and so far liking this better. plus i was wisened up i was "renting" my thrive through arrons rental, in the end it would have been $1200 for a tab. i got todays deal for $199 plus the 4G model and i am saving a butt load of money now. plus this has a higher mem thrive was a 16gb, this is a 32gb.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I'm in the market to buy a Xoom, and it's so hard to find the best price online. I know Woot! ran a lot of refurb models at around $330 and Walmart had some at about $350, but they look like they're sold out at the moment. I'm looking more for manufacturer refurbs, as I don't know to what standards the seller refurbs are held to. So post up the best prices you've found (please don't bother with eBay).

Any help is appreciated!

Upvote 0
I paid the UK equivalent of $410 for my factory refurbished Xoom including P&P to UK. It's not as cheap as some of the deals here but I was fairly pleased.

With the Xoom 2 around the corner, prices are only going one way but I don't see them reaching the bargain basement like the Touchpad (which I did try to buy but I was not quick enough).

Upvote 0
$329.99 & $4.99 shipping, new, from 1saleaday.com for 24 hours on 1saleaday.com. That sounds like a deal!
Mine is in the mail. I have been looking at tablets almost got a 64gb iPad. With 32gb on board and it can take a 32gb microSD it gets my 64gb needs. At this price i couldnt even find a refurb this cheap. I couldnt pass this deal up.

Thanks androidforums for the heads up on this deal!

Upvote 0
The Xoom arrived on Friday, but having a week to think about it whilst I was waiting, my 'I don't need it and can't see when I'll use it' feeling took over, so I'm not sure if I'll keep it.

It's still in its box on the table whilst I'm looking into Android equivalents of iCloud, such as SugarSync, to make it more worthwhile instead of having a notebook, netbook, Android phone and tablet that are all standalone devices, give or take a few stock features.

Upvote 0
$399 new on amazon right now plus free shipping with prime! Should arrive Wednesday!!!!

Well it arrived. Asian tablet. Extremely pissed at the moment. If you live in the US do not buy from Unlocked Cell kings on Amazon. Returning immediately.

What is the difference? How do you know it is "Asian"? I ordered one from Amazon - GoPowerUp LLC - BuyBuy Online. What should I be looking for when it comes??

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones