• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you getting?

• 3G/LTE version. Want it now!

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Wifi Version - I do not care how long I have to wait.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Not interested at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This right here is flat out greedy and WRONG. I can't believe they have the unmitigated audacity to charge consumers (who are paying a nice chunk of change for the Xoom) to unlock the WiFi option when that is ALREADY part of the device. Verizon can goto HELL as far as I am concerned. This is why I will not pay for the $800 unit. This is as Shady as you can get. They are basically telling all those who are going to fork over $800 to grab their ankles and enjoy what's about to happen. The only way that won't be allowed to get away with this type of greedy business tactic is if enough people give Verizon the Middle Finger and say I will wait for the WiFi only Xoom. After the iPad2 releases, we can expect at least $100 to be shaved off the initial price (especially if Apple has another entry level iPad 2 for $499). I have a feeling that the $800 Xoom is not going to sell well at all and may well go the way of Samsung's Galaxy Tab.

You can save the first month charge plus the activation fee by waiting until someone roots the Moto which would probably lead to someone figuring out how to enable Wifi. :p

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I dont even think they will sell it to u w/out charging u fee and data plan. So basically if you want one in your hands those fees are part the tablet. So the xoom is actually 855 dollars.

Only way your avoiding fees on 3g/4g model is buying one second hand off someone who already paid thise fees lol.
...or you cancel the data plan within 3 days.

Upvote 0
I asked Verizon about that today they told me I couldn't do that ck. Said that they don't reimburse fee and data charge. Called three different retail Verizon stores.

of course they are going to tell you that. they don't to admit there is away around the system.
its been confirmed by aokay on these boards that its a perfectly acceptable work around and it was successful when the galaxy tab was released.

Return Policy & Termination Fee | Verizon Wireless

"you will remain responsible for your Activation Fee unless you terminate service within three days of activation. You will also be responsible for all applicable usage fees, prorated access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges that accrued to your account through the termination date."

they should read their own policies

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones