• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Prime not turning on our of box (FIXED !!)

rz22g

Apr 2, 2011
Well I jumped through hoops for days to get my daugther a Prime for Christmas. I opened to test it before putting away until Xmas morning and Epic Fail !!

I hooked the prime to the AC Charger. The Power LED blinks 3 times then goes solid. I let it sit for 1/2 hour then while still plugged in I hit the power button only to have nothing happen. I also held power button for 2 seconds, again while still plugged in, at which time it blinks three times then goes solid again.

It apparently is DOA. Im ok with it as long as I can eventually get it exchanged for one that works but was posting here in case anyone had some ideas.

Thanks and Merry Xmas.

UPDATE UPDATE !!!

Joy to the World!! Apparently it just needed to sit on charge. Initially I let it charge for about 1/2 hour maybe. Right after I submitted this post I hit the power button and felt a vibration , heard a ding and it booted !!! This really had me freaked out since normally a battery will have an initial charge that is sufficient enough to test boot but not in this case.

So anyone that might try to boot their prime right out of the box and get nothing, let it sit on charge for at least 45 minutes.

Reactions: Gatman
Upvote 0
just FYI.. the manual says you need to initially charge 8 hrs or so first time to get best total battery life. 1/2 hr is not much :)

but it was never truly "bricked" to begin with

True. I edited my title and removed bricked. I was basing it on my experience with other tablets, all of which had enough initial charge to at least power on and test boot or at the very least boot when plugged in to AC adapter. Lesson learned.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones