1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Print to a network printer?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Linco, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Linco

Linco Lurker

I recently bought a Galaxy Tab S2. I love it, but I would really like to be able to print from it. My printer is an Oki laser. It is connected on my network. Is there any way to connect to a network printer? It doesn't have WiFi iron bluetooth.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If Oki makes an Android printer driver app for your particular model of laser printer, then probably yes you can. But I think you'd need to check with Oki for that. One thing if the printer is too old, then they might not and it's computer only.

If the printer doesn't have wireless capability, I assume it's connected to your network via hardwired ethernet.

3. Linco

Linco Lurker

Yes, it is hard wired and no, there doesn'the seem to be an app for it. So, there is no way?

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Might be a way, but I don't know any exact methods myself, I've never done printing with Android devices. I do most of my serious office stuff with a Mac. :thumbsupdroid: But I know there are general printing apps available for Android on the Play Store, which should support a range of laser and inkjet printers. And presumably your Oki laser is possibly compatible things like HP Laserjet, or Postscript or something reasonably common. The tablet would have to be on the same network as the printer I think, even though one is wireless and other is wired.

5. funpig

funpig Android Enthusiast

Try: "Samsung Print Service Plugin". This app claims to be able to print to any brand of compatible wireless printer.

6. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

#6 psionandy, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

does what work? who are you talk about? there are a few suggestions here. i do not think having a custom rom should prevent you from connecting to a netwrok printer. what phone do you have?

mikedt likes this.
  8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

That's either a Xiaomi device or a custom ROM. Yeh network printing should work.

ocnbrze likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 release date was September 2015. Features and Specs include a 8.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 5433 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

September 2015
Release Date
Reviews