• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help printing and downloading music

Ok so I recently purchased the sony s tablet and I must say I love it. I love it so much im thinking of selling my laptop and just use the sony tab. I mainly use the notebook for internet printing and music. Is it possible to use the tablet s for printing and downloading as well as transfering music to and from my cell phone.

Eric

Printing should work theoretically, providing you have a Wireless Printer and an app that allows you to view documents and has a print option (Google Docs does but as it's all cloud based it may not be right for you) I can't see why you wouldn't be able to.

As for music, you have a couple of options. The first is just to Bluetooth everything across from the tablet to the phone. Although this is only really good for moving one song at a time. Fine if your just downloading the odd one here and there, not so much if your going to be getting whole Albums.

The second option is to just set up a Drop Box account which gives you 2GB free cloud storage for access anywhere. Install the app on both your phone and tablet and then any music you download on your tablet, copy to your Dropbox folder, then access Dropbox on your phone and download the files you uploaded from your tablet.

The last option you have off the top of my head is to get a SD card adapter. Plug the Micro SD card from your phone into the SD card adapter, put that into your tablet, copy whatever you want over from your tablet to the Micro SD card and then put it back in your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones