• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Printing from Acer A500

jeaucamom

Feb 27, 2011
I was thinking of getting my son an acer a500 tablet for his birthday, DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY WAY OF GETTING A DOCUMENT TO PRINT FROM THE THING? WE THOUGHT WE WOULD JUST PUT THE DOCUMENT ONTO A USB MEMORY STICK THEN PUT THAT INTO THE PRINTER, BUT WE FOUND OUT THAT THE PRINTER DOESN'T PRINT DOCUMENTS THAT WAY, JUST PHOTOS. SO IS THERE ANY WAY OF PRINTING DOCUMENTS OFF THIS THING AT ALL, IF ANYONE KNOWS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, HE WOULD BE GETTING IT UNDER THE SRTICT CONDITION THAT HE WOULD AT LEAST BE ABLE TO DO HOMEWORK ON IT IF HE WANTED TO. tHANKS FOR READING, ALL IDEAS WOULD HELP.

sUSANNA

I was hoping he could function independently with the acer and not need my laptop to do either his homework or debate stuff. I am a full time student too and my computer time is precious. The guy in best buy said that the usb on the acer wouldn't work for a printer... is that true? My epson work horse 615 is wireless supposedly, but haven't been able to get it to print from my laptop.. let alone a tablet. So we thought the thumb drive would work, but the printer seems to only want to print pics off of a thumb drive and not documents... still trying to find a good solution for the printing issue.

Upvote 0
You can download an app from the market called printer share. It is a paid app, however.there is a trial version that lets you print up to 15 pages. You can purchase more pages or buy the app to remove the page limits I believe. I used to use this quite a bit from my evo. I haven't used it yet from the iconia but it worked nice on the evo. Only problem I had was that it formatted the pages quite small. That could have just been because of the CEO's screenings. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dynamixsoftware.printershare&feature=search_result

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones