1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Printing from phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SmooveBidnezz, Feb 11, 2011.

1. SmooveBidnezz

SmooveBidnezz Newbie

How do I connect my phone to our wireless network in order to access the printer? Is there a way to do that without an app? Thank you for any help.

Advertisement

2. Othan1

Othan1 Android Enthusiast

I don't think so because you'll need printer drivers and I don't see them going after the android platform as a whole.

I bought PrinterShare and it prints fairly well. definitely good for pictures but word docs and pdfs are hit or miss.

buggerritt and SmooveBidnezz like this.
  3. bls

bls Well-Known Member

It's not a wi-fi solution, but if you have a bluetooth-enabled printer, you can send a picture from the phone via Share/Bluetooth.

I was only able to do this once, when I first got my phone. Since then, I can get the two to see each other via bluetooth, but I get an error saying that the printer is rejecting the file the phone is sending.

If anyone knows how to fix that problem, I hope they post to the forum!

SmooveBidnezz likes this.
  4. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Android Enthusiast

I too hav had printer share since i Android (when the Moment 1st came out) & its always works jus fine for me Wifi or BT...

5. Puddin422

Puddin422 Android Expert

Thanks for this. I wondered the same thing when I got a wifi printer recently. I will try the app mentioned.

6. buggerritt

buggerritt Member

Thank you so much for this thread. I just bought printershare and it works great.

7. SmooveBidnezz

SmooveBidnezz Newbie

Thanks for the advice everybody. Definitely a cool forum