• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Printing wirelessly from tablet to HP printer

Joanne19

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
Hi
I have downloaded HP Printer Control from the Play Store and installed it on the tablet; it recognizes my printer and even scans documents
When I go to my Polaris word document and press print, it says it can only print to Samsung printer
The document does not seem to have an option to Share?
Can someone please help?

Unfortunately the printing doesn't work like on a pc. I think it's a Samsung thing, they kinda fell asleep when they designed the printing abilities.

The good news is you can print, but you either go to "my files" and select the file to print or you open your printer app and find the file you want to print. You don't actually print from Polaris, snotes, gmail etc.. seems to work fine but makes you have to know the name of what you want to print and where it is saved. Strange huh?

Hopefully that helps, good luck. Otherwise the tablet is great.

Edit: I just looked up your app and it may only be for scanning? I use eprint home & bIz, it mentions this app in the description of the one you downloaded, I would try it and it works as I described above.

Reactions: Joanne19
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones