• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

newandroid10

Aug 30, 2010
I am wondering if there is a way to print (documents, etc.) from my Android phone. I know there are some apps out there, but they seem to either A) require a PC to act as middleman B) work with only certain printers.

I am looking for a way to print to a network laserjet printer.

Do you use this app? I read a comment giving it a thumbs down, saying that after a certain number of pages you have to pay to "renew" the app. Any knowledge as to whether this is true or not?

I do and I have never been prompted to pay an additional fee for more than 20 pages. I don't use the remote printing feature, only to local wifi printers. If I am reading this correctly ...

printershare.png

To print remotely with the free version, it's pay as you go. If you get the premium key ($4.95 US) it's unlimited. However, if you want to print to local wifi printers, you'll need the premium key anyway.

Reactions: IOWA and w_bovine
Upvote 0
I do and I have never been prompted to pay an additional fee for more than 20 pages. I don't use the remote printing feature, only to local wifi printers. If I am reading this correctly ...

printershare.png

To print remotely with the free version, it's pay as you go. If you get the premium key ($4.95 US) it's unlimited. However, if you want to print to local wifi printers, you'll need the premium key anyway.

A bit confusing, but then again I'm not regarded by my peers as a genius of any kind. Then again, my peers aren't regarded as geniuses either. :rolleyes:

Sounds good...I wouldn't have a lot of use for the remote printing, but for home use it looks good.

Thanks much for your help and prompt reply. I appreciate it. :)

Upvote 0
Hi all first post on this forum .

Just need a bit of help with this.

My situation is i spend alot of time on the road and need to print email documents on the move , i have an inverter in the car so 240v power is not a problem , i'm going to get a small wireless printer (which one will work ?) , will this app work for printing the above from my htc desire/gmail.

The android market is seriously lacking in this area

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi all first post on this forum .

Just need a bit of help with this.

My situation is i spend alot of time on the road and need to print email documents on the move , i have an inverter in the car so 240v power is not a problem , i'm going to get a small wireless printer (which one will work ?) , will this app work for printing the above from my htc desire/gmail.

The android market is seriously lacking in this area

Thanks

The short answer is "maybe." It really depends on the model of printer and whether printershare directly supports wireless communication with it. They have recently added drivers for Brother printers so now I can print directly to my home printer. The trick would be to get the phone and the printer on the same LAN.

Upvote 0
There's clearly a gap in the market, so to speak. Some good developer needs to develop an app which just charges for the initial install, not requiring the user to make an account and start paying for everything.
The other concern I have is the privacy of the data you're transmitting to print.

I haven't tried the app, but I am concerned with an app that tracks the number of pages I print.

Upvote 0
The other concern I have is the privacy of the data you're transmitting to print.

I haven't tried the app, but I am concerned with an app that tracks the number of pages I print.

Only if you are printing through their cloud based services. If you are printing to a printer on the local LAN, it doesn't.

Upvote 0
The short answer is "maybe." It really depends on the model of printer and whether printershare directly supports wireless communication with it. They have recently added drivers for Brother printers so now I can print directly to my home printer. The trick would be to get the phone and the printer on the same LAN.

Thanks for that , is there any way to find a list of compatible printers .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones