• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I was able to set up Google Cloud printing fairly easily. I have an Epson XP-400 ePrinter which I set up on a Mac and can be accessed by my Bionic phone, a Dell laptop, a Samsung Chromebook and a Nexus 7. But I have not had much luck having the printer show up across all apps nor the Silk browser on the Kindle Fire HD 7. My next move will be to try and get Google Chrome on the Kindle and see if that plays nice with the Epson.
There are many workarounds to printing directly, such as saving items to cloud apps first or emailing the item -- but sending directly to a printer is always best. Printing from Kindle should be part of the original device and judging by the amount of discussion over this issue, most Kindle owners want an easy way to print.
Maybe every Kindle owner should write to Amazon and they'll send an update that contains a printing utility.

Upvote 0
I was able to set up Google Cloud printing fairly easily. I have an Epson XP-400 ePrinter which I set up on a Mac and can be accessed by my Bionic phone, a Dell laptop, a Samsung Chromebook and a Nexus 7. But I have not had much luck having the printer show up across all apps nor the Silk browser on the Kindle Fire HD 7. My next move will be to try and get Google Chrome on the Kindle and see if that plays nice with the Epson.
There are many workarounds to printing directly, such as saving items to cloud apps first or emailing the item -- but sending directly to a printer is always best. Printing from Kindle should be part of the original device and judging by the amount of discussion over this issue, most Kindle owners want an easy way to print.
Maybe every Kindle owner should write to Amazon and they'll send an update that contains a printing utility.

You'd think there would be a way. For some things, such as instructions for your Kindle, it's nice to have a printed copy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones