1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

PRIVACY Management

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kritter888, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Kritter888

Kritter888 Android Enthusiast

I've been looking for several different variety of ways of privacy management such as P droid the auto patcher roms pre patched with open P droid are other forms such is LBE from overly permissive demands from apps, really the only pre patched P droid rom that I found was this disarmed toaster and Muiu roms till recently i found this on google play it does pretty much the same thing as P droid and I'm not the best explainer as far as how to install but I've got it working great on me wild for the night so I just wanted to open up this thread for anybody that has privacy management pre patch ROMs for our phone, another privacy management forms

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=biz.bokhorst.xprivacy

The above is what I'm using right now I'm wild for the night first pic is for link above which i had to get a framework installer for which after u install from googleplay if your phone doesn't have it, it will bring you to xda site to get installer for framework, , second pic is lbe privacy management apk i took from Muiu & installed in Mobs remix switching supersu to clockwork mods superuser, , last pic is what i needed to install from xda for the permission management & privacy app to work

Heres the lbe in mobs remix youtube vid i tried,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulAfvbcPO-Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Heres where u can get all on one site i went ahead & supported the dev getting pro mode

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=44034334#post44034334

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kritter888

Then my keyboard encrypts through cloud it says but no handshake keys so dunno how reliable that is, it is also fun because it allows u to change the themes even insert your own picture i have my Ferret & cat pay fighting as my keyboards picture , just another thing iam learning to love about android is your abilities to customize, & 1 more pic of the aboved apk privacy framework , with apks name also , it might be a false sence of security but i feel better having it, duckduckgo for primary search widget with firefox

Attached Files:

3. Kritter888

Had to do a new post for some reason couldn't edit my original one to add new photos, here's duckduckgo & A.I. keyboards cloud encryption setting , ive seen others as well that do have the handshake keys but u both have to have the app installed also i think that couldnt be 100% secure unless the entire sms process was going through data that was already encrypted, like if i run a history eraser it cleans sms messages my guess is that if a history eraser is recognizes it as sms then its not going through as data,

Attached Files:

4. Kritter888

Works great on thc butterz also so for a ice cream sandwich rom id definitely recommend that privacy app from xda i linked

5. Kritter888

Using the newest angry bean this method works & Nega Blue so I'm happy, the newest Angry i was having issues using the talk to text feature though & i do rely on that alot so iam guessing the xda PrivacyX works with a variety of different roms & phones , well thats enough testing that out

6. Kritter888

Dirty unicorns version 1.8 also has the open pdroid patches i was able to flash the mms fix for cm10.1 and the visual voice mail fix and its run smoothly you can get V1.8 from goo but i read there was people with random data loss i myself haven't had this issue, also tried V1.9 it also has the patches haven't played too much with this one yet just now setting it up as i like it, there seems to be no need for mms fixes with this version my mms works fine on V1.9 after 1.9 i believe is when he pulled the pdroid patches due to data loss , from people reports of signal loss, I've been majority home & on WiFi on this version when iam out on the road ill see how the signal & data react, & report back,

But they do have different looks so that's also another good thing,

So definitely V1.8 & definitely V1.9 of DU I'd add links but there so far all available through goo,

This is just a guess but because its not the autopatcher and mazda did it himself it works