• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Privacy policy on boot, settings changed and notifications missing

Petecc

Lurker
Jul 24, 2020
I have a Archos Diamond Alpha (a rebadged Nubia NX569J, aka Nubia Z17 mini)

So this morning I turn it on and the Nubia Privacy Policy appears. It's never done before (well I guess it might have the first ever time I turned it on) and now it needs agreeing to on every reboot. It's also popped up a couple of times while using the phone.

Some settings have changed (location, wifi, bluetooth all off, click on every touch turned on, display timeout reduced to a short interval). Possibly more that I haven't found.

Even more annoyingly, app notifications make a sound but don't appear in the notification bar so I have no clue which app is notifying me! Gmail is also not updating - it only updates with new messages when I open it.

Four apps were updated yesterday and I have uninstalled those. I don't beleive any OS updates have been applied.

I've rebooted a couple of times, including after uninstalling apps

I have not done a factory reset - all the app icons are still there and apps installed.

In settings:
  • Under the Notification Centre, Shown Notification ICon is still enabled
  • Under individual apps Show Notifications is still enabled.
I've got 4.5GB free memory out of 64GB so not too bad

There are no system updates waiting and as far as I can tell the versions haven't changed.

I'm reluctant to do a factory reset (due to the time to get it all setup again). Has anyone else seen the same issue occur or have any ideas?

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones