1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Privacy policy on boot, settings changed and notifications missing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Petecc, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Petecc

Petecc Lurker

I have a Archos Diamond Alpha (a rebadged Nubia NX569J, aka Nubia Z17 mini)

So this morning I turn it on and the Nubia Privacy Policy appears. It's never done before (well I guess it might have the first ever time I turned it on) and now it needs agreeing to on every reboot. It's also popped up a couple of times while using the phone.

Some settings have changed (location, wifi, bluetooth all off, click on every touch turned on, display timeout reduced to a short interval). Possibly more that I haven't found.

Even more annoyingly, app notifications make a sound but don't appear in the notification bar so I have no clue which app is notifying me! Gmail is also not updating - it only updates with new messages when I open it.

Four apps were updated yesterday and I have uninstalled those. I don't beleive any OS updates have been applied.

I've rebooted a couple of times, including after uninstalling apps

I have not done a factory reset - all the app icons are still there and apps installed.

In settings:
    • Under the Notification Centre, Shown Notification ICon is still enabled
    • Under individual apps Show Notifications is still enabled.
    I've got 4.5GB free memory out of 64GB so not too bad

There are no system updates waiting and as far as I can tell the versions haven't changed.

I'm reluctant to do a factory reset (due to the time to get it all setup again). Has anyone else seen the same issue occur or have any ideas?

#1 Petecc, Jul 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  2. Petecc

Petecc Lurker

After buying a new phone (just in case it all went wrong), I did a factory reset and it all seems fine again.