• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Private browser

Well I appreciate all the info I gained from everyone and thanks for your time. Also Bromite browser started behaving weird, so I just cleared everything and uninstalled it. Stuck with the Brave browser that freezes up and have to relaunch. Signed out of everything I could find, and activities still showing in chrome. Also informed Because it's chromium based and Bromite, Brave browsers chromium based there's always a"link"between them. And possible to explore. Also found out"the Tech"works for/with sister is someone that's sorta known in Tech stuff/circles. If you use anything associated with Tor Project,then you've met some of his work. Any other suggestions please feel free to add them. And posting another issue. Again Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0
I've got Ghostery browser also. One issue I've been having with it, I get a lot of "website not found"and ex:403,404 error message"for searching with it. But when I go thru Yippy, Gigablast or Qwant engines from their website no issues.
Alright. On my tablet I use incagito mode mostly.

Upvote 0
Milo Williamson you do know that"Incognito mode"only hides items on your device and basically nothing else? And Dolphin browser was storing very sensitive information on it's user's and sending it to a server located I think it was China. But don't quote me on the country was se
Chromium is the open source base for Chrome, but with all trace of Google's branding and tracking removed. I use DuckDuckGo's browser https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.duckduckgo.mobile.android&hl=en_US
Yeah DDG,umm,No.Might want to read the fine print. Mainly the part about storing data, and if you actually believe that it's to check for misspelled words and they don't report everything back to amazon that's based in"The Eyes" backyard. Then seek medical attention

Upvote 0
Milo Williamson you do know that"Incognito mode"only hides items on your device and basically nothing else? And Dolphin browser was storing very sensitive information on it's user's and sending it to a server located I think it was China. But don't quote me on the country was se

Yeah DDG,umm,No.Might want to read the fine print. Mainly the part about storing data, and if you actually believe that it's to check for misspelled words and they don't report everything back to amazon that's based in"The Eyes" backyard. Then seek medical attention
I know that, I am using ghostery, ublockorigins, search with duckduckgo browser, having privacy badger too. I am pretty much safe in that way, besides what are they going to track my msn account down again? :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Kind of severely limiting your options. Also, not sure if you know that tor is Firefox based. Why the problem with chromium? It's open source and has been intensely audited. If it's Google that makes you skittish, remember that while Google Chrome is based on chromium, chromium is not Chrome.
UPDATE: Your right about chromium not chrome because chrome is google. Also know about Tor, except for the Tor U.S.Navy uses. But "spook"sister won't give up the goods. Now I dropped Bromite and basically everything else I was using. Using GNU Icecat browser. I know it's Firefox with the the name removed. But thanks to a "Company"tech (works for sister). This particular ones been, "tweekd" so to say. With Lycos
@addermc : If you're that paranoid what are you doing online anyway? And what's Amazon or 'the eyes' got to do with DuckDuckGo anyway,
Have you actually read their privacy policy lately, in case you've not seen it recently, here it is: https://duckduckgo.com/privacy
Well obviously You haven't read about DDG, if you ask "what does Amazon or the eye's got to do with DDG" And personally I have a problem with a "Private"browser that only came into existence from the owners previous project"Names Database" that secretly stored users Real names and Real address.(and not just the computer IP address, but the one you park at every night). The $10M sell to classmates.com I bet came in handy for the"Private"browser. Also how it was Never made public about DDG storing users info and denied at first but then admitted that DDG, Did store some info. But only to check for misspellings. Yeah, I bet. But icing on the cake for me was when an individual who works for a certain government and is involved with the Tor code work and the Tor used by the"Frogmen"says "I wouldn't use DDG on my enemies computer"well, kinda tells me something. Also what I use internet for is basically the same reason I'm asking suggestions for a private browser. Meaning (in case you haven't caught it,yet) None of your business. Have a nice day. Bye bye..

Upvote 0
Kind of severely limiting your options. Also, not sure if you know that tor is Firefox based. Why the problem with chromium? It's open source and has been intensely audited. If it's Google that makes you skittish, remember that while Google Chrome is based on chromium, chromium is not Chrome.
UPDATE: Your right about chromium not chrome because chrome is google. Also know about Tor, except for the Tor U.S.Navy uses. But "spook"sister won't give up the goods. Now I dropped Bromite and basically everything else I was using. Using GNU Icecat browser. I know it's Firefox with the the name removed. But thanks to a "Company"tech (works for sister). This particular ones been, "tweekd" so to say. With Lycos
I know that, I am using ghostery, ublockorigins, search with duckduckgo browser, having privacy badger too. I am pretty much safe in that way, besides what are they going to track my msn account down again? :)
Unfortunately I only use Android phone. And trust me when I say that is a good thing. Been trying out GNU icecat browser with Lycos,Yippy,Search scene and searx for more private searching. Also the beta Brave search engine. Which is pretty dang good, specially for beta version. Have you tried out Privacy Possum? Read it's privacy badger on steroids. But downside of the steroids is it breaks some sites. And even though it's msn account ( people still have those?)its the point of Not being tracked and sold out to highest Ads company bidder. Be safe..✌️

Upvote 0
Well as over 66,500 accounts on gab.com (Dissenter's owner's site) according to Firefox (and others) I won't be trusting them.

You won't be trusting... who? And why? Are you saying you don't trust Dissenter Browser because it's a product of a free speech social network? And I don't know where that 66,500 number comes from: Gab.com grows faster than that each month

Upvote 0
Update to my original Quest. I think I've finally got something that I'm comfortable with (for now) at least until someone finds one of them up to something. Settled on GNU icecat mobile with qwant,search scene lycos, whale slide, and metager for search engines. And of course Brave browser with the same search engines and also got the early access to brave search engine beta. Now, if the Brave browser team can keep off the radar and out of trouble. Then this engine has a future. It actually returned better results than qwant And google did on a couple of items. But like every other thing usually time will tell the real truth..

Upvote 0
Update to my original Quest. I think I've finally got something that I'm comfortable with (for now) at least until someone finds one of them up to something. Settled on GNU icecat mobile with qwant,search scene lycos, whale slide, and metager for search engines. And of course Brave browser with the same search engines and also got the early access to brave search engine beta. Now, if the Brave browser team can keep off the radar and out of trouble. Then this engine has a future. It actually returned better results than qwant And google did on a couple of items. But like every other thing usually time will tell the real truth..

Keep in mind that brave has asked beta testers to not mention it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones