• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Private Mode

Sabin1269

Lurker
Apr 18, 2014
I set up my private mode and can get in and out with my fingerprint but don't know why my alternate password won't work. I use the same one for everything but it doesn't work on the private mode. Is there a way to reset it once I turn private mode on or do I just keep using my print?

Clear data from private mode and you should be able to reset it. Case counts.

One hint - use a password program. Using the same password for everything is like leaving signed blank checks all over town. Once someone gets your password, they have your password for everything. (And remembering a 20 character, mixed upper case/lower case/digits/punctuation password - which isn't worth anyone's effort to break it's so much work - is almost impossible to remember.) I use a simple password for anything that doesn't matter - like a one-time email account or a honey-pot - but everything else is machine generated military strength and, since heartbleed, I've been generating new ones.

Upvote 0
Since the title of this thread is just Private Mode, I will post my question here. I have enabled private mode, set up a pattern for lock. However, I click on a pick and click the settings "dots" and there is no option to move to private. As well, I thought I would disable private mode, and reenable it, and to my surprise, I was able to turn off private mode without entering my passphrase, etc. What purpose does this serve, if someone got my phone, they could disable private mode themselves, and view anything that I had moved there (if i was in fact able to make this work).
I have read the picture tutorials online about setting this up, etc, and the option is not there. Some of the reviews say it's great, because you can disable a lock for your LOCK screen, and enable this, if you just want protect certain content???

Upvote 0
When you enter private mode you will need your fingerprints or password or however you set it up but when you leave private mode it automatically locks it, you do not need to put the password in to leave it...

To get the picture to go into private mode; instead of going in the picture itself, go one level up to see all the pictures, and press and hold the picture or pictures that you want, and then go into the menu and select move to private

Good luck :)

uploadfromtaptalk1406410336045.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones