• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PRL 60680 Hosed Me

Looked at my phone the other day and it was doing something called the a PRL Update (later found out that PRL is Preferred Roaming List). I didn't think much of it, until I noticed that my phone was in ROAM after turning it back on. And I couldn't get it out of ROAM. Roam if you want to, but I do not.

I called tech support, and they couldn't get it fixed (forcing it to Sprint-only caused lost connection completely). The sent me to Level2 support, who couldn't fix it. Next step is going to the sprint store, and they implied that I'd have to pay for the service. Um, I don't think so! Sprint update hoses my phone, and they're going to charge ME to fix it?!

I took it to the Sprint store, and they fixed it, free of charge. Doing a hard reset fixed whatever was locking me out of connectivity. I could have done this myself, but didn't see the point of doing it if Sprint could fix it without me losing all of my data (and I'd read that it makes no difference to the PRL versioning, so assumed that this would not fix me, anyway). Anyway, I'm cool now.

Upvote 0
I took it to the Sprint store, and they fixed it, free of charge. Doing a hard reset fixed whatever was locking me out of connectivity. I could have done this myself, but didn't see the point of doing it if Sprint could fix it without me losing all of my data (and I'd read that it makes no difference to the PRL versioning, so assumed that this would not fix me, anyway). Anyway, I'm cool now.

I am glad to hear that Sprint cleared up the issue for you. Sometimes a factory reset really is the only way to fix things.

I would hope, by now, Sprint would have fixed the PRL issue that other people were mentioning. Hopefully, your issue was just a fluke.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones