• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PRL and PRI update up

I can't seem to update the PRL, I keep getting the following error message:
PRL could not be updated. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact customer service. Error Code:1012

Has anyone had this problem and gotten a solution? Or should I contact customer service for more help? (I'd rather not have to call CS)

Upvote 0
Well, as an update on my situation, the guys at our local Sprint store hooked me up with a mint condition refurbished one (PRL updated fine on this one). All I can say is, my god did my other one have problems in comparison. My power button was totally recessed compared to this one, I knew my screen was lifted but this one makes that REALLY stand out, and apparently when the tech guy took apart my phone (water indicator strip was off colored) to see if water was on the inside or if it was just from humidity, two metal clips fell out and something was rattling right on the other of the mobo. My phone was MESSED UP and I didn't even know it! I guess the PRL thing was a saving grace really...

Upvote 0
I can't seem to update the PRL, I keep getting the following error message:
PRL could not be updated. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact customer service. Error Code:1012

Has anyone had this problem and gotten a solution? Or should I contact customer service for more help? (I'd rather not have to call CS)

Dial ##(enter your 6 digit msl code here)#
go to edit
change both of those numbers to your phone number (in 10 digit form)
commit the changes and restart your phone, the activation should try again and succeed. Now update your profile and then finally your prl again.

Whether or not your PRI updates has nothing to do with this... this is just how you get your voice and data back and have the handsfree activation proceed.

Upvote 0
For the first time ever i have done a speed test on 3G near my residence, and i am actually getting 2Mb DL.
I have never, anywhere in the Dallas area, had a DL speed over 2Mb on 3G.
With 60669 i was lucky to get 750K Down. Just for the record, i was ONLY getting slow speeds near my apt. Makes me wonder if they were having a tower issue near where i live, or the update to 60670 really made that much of a difference. Probably both.

Upvote 0
Hi
Just look at my phone and my pri version is 1.4003
and my prl version is 60669 can you tell me way is there different number on sum phone
The most current pri is 1.40_003. People rooted with custom roms want to update from 1.34_003, or they were not prompted or whatever the case. Prl 60670 is the must current, just go into menu-> settings-> system updates-> update profile. Oh to answer your question, people just don't know or update every time there is a new update to pri or prl.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones