1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root PRL downgrade instructions.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by longshot, May 27, 2011.

1. longshot

longshot Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 26, 2010
    Just did this today and verified that it did downgrade the PRL from 60678 to 60676.
    YOU HAVE TO BE ON A SENSE ROM FOR THIS TO WORK!!!! and you need your MSL! But you can upgrade to CM7 and it keeps the settings!! DONT WIPE BEFORE UPGRADING OR DOING A RECOVERY!! I have tested this on Fresh ROm and doing a recovery of CM7 that I had made.

The files you need are here:
    http://cid-eabe29f3770d8d15.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/PRLs
    These are the PRL files.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=376738&d=1281375059
    This is the link to the older pre 2.2 ESPT file that you need.

You also need Root explorer.

BACKUP Your ASOP ROM or Whatever Rom you are using first!!

The older ESPT file does not have some of the other functionalities of the newer one. Not sure what all but the ##DATA# works and the ##PRL# works and that is all I wanted anyways.

Save the PRL files you want on your SDcard, not the zip file but the extracted .PRL file or files.
    Once you are in the Fresh Rom use Root Explorer and find the old ESPT file on your SDcard or where ever you saved it. Copy it and find the espt file on your phone under the system/app folder and overwrite the espt.apk file there (make sure you have root explorer set Mount R/W) once you overwrite it reboot the phone and goto dialpad dial ##PRL# and a box will pop up asking for you pass# (MSL) enter it and you will see update PRL. Long click that and then you can select where you PRL's are and which one to select then hit menu and commit changes, reboot. Verify it and it should be good. If you plan on doing an upgrade to CM7 or some other ASOP rom. What I did was did a backup of my CM7 and just did a recovery of it without wiping anything and checked my PRL on CM7 and it was the one I loaded on the Fresh Rom. Also if you want to do the ##DATA# and change the HTTP PD Proxy port from 8085 to 0 and the HTTP PD Proxy address from pd.vog.sprintpcs.com to 0.0.0.0 then you should do it on the sense rom before going back to the ASOP rom. The reason I changed my PRL back to an older one is. Since I updated my PRL my data speeds went from 1.5mps to .5. Right now at my work 30 miles from my home I am getting 1-1.5 consistently, will post results from my home here later.

Advertisement

Mr. Ed, ocnbrze and evomattnc like this.
  2. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC
    Cool always needed a link to all the old prls. I'm on vzw prl anyhow but everyone always wanted a link to get back to an old one after trying a new one. Thanks.

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    yeah i agree. very handy to have this info. thanx man.

4. tennispro4ever

tennispro4ever Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 30, 2009
    Pharmacy Technician Healthcare. Family Pharmacy.
    Ozark, Missouri
    ok I have Astro File manager. Is there a free application so i am able to copy and past the EPST into the system/app folder without buying root explorer?

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    try es file explorer, i believe it is free and should do the same thing that root explorer does.

6. tennispro4ever

None

Nov 30, 2009
    Ozark, Missouri
    ok I will try it out and report back. Thanks again. ok I tried it and it fails to copy and overwrite. any ideas

7. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC

Have to enable root and read write permissions in file explorer settings

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    great post....no one has really done a full how to over here.

does the link you posted contain the verizon prls as well or just official sprint prls?

9. longshot

longshot Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 26, 2010

I think just the Sprint PRL's also evomattnc is right Thanks!, you do have to give the ESPT file read write permissions for it to overwrite the stock one.

Sorry the instructions are not the greatest, wrote it up real quick. If anyone can add more please do so.

I ended up trying 2 different PRL's and neither one worked for me at home. Seems I am back to square one trying to figure out what is going on. Must be tower issue but this all started when I went to CM6. Either it was a weird coincidence that the tower just went to crap the same time or it did something major to my phone. Wife still bone stock evo has crappy speeds as well. Want to do the ##data# fix on hers and see what happens.

10. tennispro4ever

None

Nov 30, 2009
    Ozark, Missouri
    Well I was able to downgrade to a different PRL but I'm still having the problem before. My wife is connected to the same tower. 4G is working and fast...about 5MBPS. but man 3G is slow and slow. Starts working then dies every 3 seconds. Makes for using the internet on the phone impossible. any ideas on things to try out?

11. takirb

takirb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    Systems Analyst/Network Admin
    S. Carolina
    Hate to bring this thread back up, but anyone gotta copy of the 60680 PRL? I'm not sure if it's the newest or not, but im scared to try out the VZW 00001 PRL without a way of getting back to 60680. The list in the OP's link stops at 60677. I'm actually getting decent signal/speed from this PRL compared to others, but wanna test the VZW one for the times when i'm in bad coverage areas (hospital mainly).

12. disc golfin

disc golfin Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2011
    RTP

I lost my 3g yesterday and ended up having to call Sprint to update the prl, the newset one is 60681.
    I also want to try the vzw one, as long as I can switch back and forth between the two.

Tags: