• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PRL Thread(Current 3035) Please Post New Ones Here When Available

Well, I updated to 3036 and it's a disaster. Now I have "EV" instead of "4G" in both the places I spend the majority of my time (work/home). Utter. Disaster.

I guess I have to go back. I didn't like 3035 either since it slowed me down. Never have manually updated/restored, so I'll check the rest of this thread out. Hoping it's easy since 3036 sucks for me!! (Oakland, CA).

Upvote 0
Well, I updated to 3036 and it's a disaster. Now I have "EV" instead of "4G" in both the places I spend the majority of my time (work/home). Utter. Disaster.

I guess I have to go back. I didn't like 3035 either since it slowed me down. Never have manually updated/restored, so I'll check the rest of this thread out. Hoping it's easy since 3036 sucks for me!! (Oakland, CA).

Ok... If u know how to manually update prl ur best friend is 3033.prl. I travel a lot, and 3033 it has responded the way i like it.

Upvote 0
I have also had this occur, I no longer manually update the Phone Roaming List unless the phone quality or service starts to falter. Usually, your phone will update itself to the latest, but if you try to update it yourself, it will go back to the last known localization. I recall experimenting this with an old Huawei M830, my chap who let me experiment on the device, went totally ape when we accidentally did a manual update, and caused his PRL to downgrade instead of upgrade.

To this day, I no longer bother with manual updates by pushing a file or entering in new data, I simply let the phone do whatever it pleases, the only change I manually do, is under Mobile Networks, the option to System select. I always change it to Automatic, instead of MetroPCS. Why? I am not certain myself, but it has something to do with being able to use other carrier's towers...how is that possible, I too also do not know. I simply know, it has worked for me.
tongue.gif

Upvote 0
u all hav to remember that the PRLs updates are depending cover area's.. so depending of ur area u wll get ur prl update.. its a few Nationwide prls expl. 3028,3030,3033,3035 are nationwide ones..
3027,3029,3031,3036 are developing cover test areas.. its not about mayor cities.. is about covering example Fl is one of the biggest lte covering.. and a few others.. our 4g is big but LTE is growing specially with the merge.. TMUS.

Upvote 0
u all hav to remember that the PRLs updates are depending cover area's.. so depending of ur area u wll get ur prl update.. its a few Nationwide prls expl. 3028,3030,3033,3035 are nationwide ones..
3027,3029,3031,3036 are developing cover test areas.. its not about mayor cities.. is about covering example Fl is one of the biggest lte covering.. and a few others.. our 4g is big but LTE is growing specially with the merge.. TMUS.

The 2 recent PRL's have been to change the spectrum blocks that the phone sees CDMA on
PRL doesnt matter with LTE, like all the other GSM tech whats equivalent to the PRL is just loaded to the UICC

Upvote 0
The 2 recent PRL's have been to change the spectrum blocks that the phone sees CDMA on
PRL doesnt matter with LTE, like all the other GSM tech whats equivalent to the PRL is just loaded to the UICC

you could be right.. but remember that our phone is not GSM is WCDMA * so our tech.. roming reception is run by prls.. n GSM does not requires prls.. so WHO ever is runing wcdma we are stck with this.. thats Y many of the new phones are coming w/GSM, LTE, HSUPA+(3g) HSUPA (2g) WCDMA etc.etc. that is why when we buy we needbto look for does kind of expec.

Upvote 0
Do I need the LG driver installed to update the PRL or should I uninstall it?

Also what mode should I set in the phones usb connection?

I did search this forum in google for this:
site:http://androidforums.com/lg-motion-4g driver lgnpst

and I only found the qpst guide and another post asking if qpst works on this phone. I have qpst, qxdm, etc... but I'm worried that they will brick my phone.

I found the LGNPST manual also:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/132532237/LGNPST-LaGuide

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones