• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PRL Thread (Current 3035) Please Post New Ones Here When Available

sammyz

LG Whiz Kid
  • Jun 3, 2011
    Definition for prl: The Preferred Roaming List, basically a way of telling your phone which towers to connect to first.
    The PRL helps determine which home-network towers to use, and also which towers belonging to other networks to use in roaming situations (areas where the home network has no coverage.) When roaming, the PRL may instruct the phone to use the network with the best roaming rate for the carrier, rather than the one with the strongest signal at the moment.

Since a PRL tells the phone "where" to search for a signal, as carrier networks change over time, an updated PRL may be required for a phone to "see" all of the coverage that it should, both with the home network and for roaming.

Your PRL can be update via your phone by dialing *228 and choosing option #5(preferred roaming list).

3033.prl

3032.prl

3031.prl

3030.prl

3029.prl

3028 prl

3027.prl

3026.prl

3025.prl

3024.prl

3023.prl

3022.prl

3020.prl

3019.prl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Special PRLs for the Samsung Galaxy SIII (work with other metro phones too).

(Guide) How to update PRL

generate your spc for qpst or lgnpst here :)

I can host also if need be if a link goes down.

Question. I tried updating prl in qpst. I got the code from White rabbit. No problem there. But when trying to read from phone it says "unknown base model, please select one". So I clicked one of them for testing. It read fine. I loaded up the 3033.prl and it said it was empty and it tried writing to phone and gave me an error saying Phone is unreadable and my reception came up with an "X". Scared the crap out of me. Had to reboot then worked fine but under about phone it still shows 3032.. and clues?

Upvote 0
    Definition for prl: The Preferred Roaming List, basically a way of telling your phone which towers to connect to first.
    The PRL helps determine which home-network towers to use, and also which towers belonging to other networks to use in roaming situations (areas where the home network has no coverage.) When roaming, the PRL may instruct the phone to use the network with the best roaming rate for the carrier, rather than the one with the strongest signal at the moment.

Since a PRL tells the phone "where" to search for a signal, as carrier networks change over time, an updated PRL may be required for a phone to "see" all of the coverage that it should, both with the home network and for roaming.

Your PRL can be update via your phone by dialing *228 and choosing option #5(preferred roaming list).

3033.prl

3032.prl

3031.prl

3030.prl

3029.prl

3028 prl

3027.prl

3026.prl

3025.prl

3024.prl

3023.prl

3022.prl

3020.prl

3019.prl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Special PRLs for the Samsung Galaxy SIII (work with other metro phones too).

(Guide) How to update PRL

generate your spc for qpst or lgnpst here :)

I can host also if need be if a link goes down.

Heres the new 2034 from the S3.

2034.prl

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones