• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PRL update for optimus s on cm7?

cwl111286

Lurker
Jan 10, 2012
Hello, kinda new at this and searched all day for a solution to this problem. I have the lg optimus s with cm7 i am trying to figure out how to do a prl update on the phone. Any help would be great.

On a side note any info on doing the same on a samsung intercept running bROM.

For the optimus s: Make a nandroid backup of your cm7, then download and install a froyo based rom. You have to have a rom based on stock to do a prl update. Once you get the PRL updated, make a nandroid backup of the stock based rom, then restore your cm7 setup.

I also rename my backups in the clockwork folder of my sd card, so I know what backup is what. Don't use anything but numbers, letters, dots and dashes in the filename. Spaces or other sybols will cause an md5 failure on recovery. If you rename the backup and get a failure, just rename it again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones