• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PRL Update For Poor Signal For Incredible..

The only problem is that its not going to help. If you goto settings, about, network, and look at signal strength there you will get a more accurate view of your signal. The range I believe is between -75 and -110, -75 being the best. A rep from HTC said that the signal strength bars don't mean much and you shouldn't pay attention to them while you are not actively using the phone ( on a current phone calll).

I'm always in the low -50s :)

Upvote 0
That is exactly correct. Lots of misguided info in this thread.
What you fail to realize is that a PRL update allows your phone to use trusted partner towers(alltel), since verizon's towers may be at a longer distance away. I updated my phone to a hybrid PRL and now have a constant -80 or better signal. I do believe verizon needs to update their OTA PRL to fix this issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones