• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PRL update issue.

scarlet77

Lurker
May 22, 2011
I have had my evo for about 3 days now,loving it. I went with sprint and on coverage maps i had the best connection in a building. i was quite confident that 4g signal would not be a problem(WRONG) i never get 4g. i got it once and it was a poor signal. It keeps saying PRL update has been found. I update and wait for about 1-2mins and it says "update sucessful" i restart my evo. and go into the sprint zone app. and it still says there is a PRL update. Why could this be. Ive called sprint and they have no idea and were not helpful. Any ideas ??

I have had my evo for about 3 days now,loving it. I went with sprint and on coverage maps i had the best connection in a building. i was quite confident that 4g signal would not be a problem(WRONG) i never get 4g. i got it once and it was a poor signal. It keeps saying PRL update has been found. I update and wait for about 1-2mins and it says "update sucessful" i restart my evo. and go into the sprint zone app. and it still says there is a PRL update. Why could this be. Ive called sprint and they have no idea and were not helpful. Any ideas ??

So you have 4g signal in your area?

And, while I'm not sure the issue with the PRL update, you could try a batter pull. And if that doesn't work, you might want to read this post about rooting, if you feel up to it.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/129648-quick-intro-rooting-those-new-rooting.html

Upvote 0
Looking through the stupid sprint zones or what ever that horrible app is called it always says that there is PRL update. I brought my phone into the store to have them look at it and it seems it is working a but better from before which was giving 100kbs download over 3g across the street from the sprint store.

Also 4g coverage is horrible and it does not penetrate buildings so you will just have to wait until it gets to your area.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones