1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

PRL update issue.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scarlet77, May 22, 2011.

1. scarlet77

scarlet77 Lurker

I have had my evo for about 3 days now,loving it. I went with sprint and on coverage maps i had the best connection in a building. i was quite confident that 4g signal would not be a problem(WRONG) i never get 4g. i got it once and it was a poor signal. It keeps saying PRL update has been found. I update and wait for about 1-2mins and it says "update sucessful" i restart my evo. and go into the sprint zone app. and it still says there is a PRL update. Why could this be. Ive called sprint and they have no idea and were not helpful. Any ideas ??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

So you have 4g signal in your area?

And, while I'm not sure the issue with the PRL update, you could try a batter pull. And if that doesn't work, you might want to read this post about rooting, if you feel up to it.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/129648-quick-intro-rooting-those-new-rooting.html

3. alextop30

alextop30 Android Expert

Looking through the stupid sprint zones or what ever that horrible app is called it always says that there is PRL update. I brought my phone into the store to have them look at it and it seems it is working a but better from before which was giving 100kbs download over 3g across the street from the sprint store.

Also 4g coverage is horrible and it does not penetrate buildings so you will just have to wait until it gets to your area.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews