1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support PRL update issue!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scarlet77, May 22, 2011.

1. scarlet77

scarlet77 Lurker
    None

May 22, 2011
    I have had my evo for about 3 days now,loving it. I went with sprint and on coverage maps i had the best connection in a building. i was quite confident that 4g signal would not be a problem(WRONG) i never get 4g. i got it once and it was a poor signal. It keeps saying PRL update has been found. I update and wait for about 1-2mins and it says "update sucessful" i restart my evo. and go into the sprint zone app. and it still says there is a PRL update. Why could this be. Ive called sprint and they have no idea and were not helpful. Any ideas ??

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Take it back to where you purchased it, or to a corporate sprint store. They will help you figure it out. Since you are still within your first 30 days, they might just exchange it for a new one.

3. esthernrob

esthernrob Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    i deliver the nectar of the gods, BEER!
    Upstate, NY
    i'm guessing that being only 3 days old you're not rooted??? what is your current prl??? before going back in, one thing i could suggest just off the top of my head, try a battery pull... leave it out 15 min... then see what happens... did you activate the phone yourself or was it at a store??? try a factory reset...
    menu / settings / sd & phone storage / factory data reset...
    or try this...
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-tips-tricks/280082-major-solution-fix-your-slow-3g-speeds-evo4g.html

these things you might have tried already... just trying things i might know to help before you have to go back into a store...

Tags: