1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Prl

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmar, Apr 12, 2012.

1. jmar

jmar Nexican

I updated my PRL by dialing *22899. After a reboot, my PRL changed from 15098 to 52686...no my 4G is 1+up and .76 down. Can I go back to my previous PRL? I did this at home. I live in San Jose, CA and have never gotten below 5 down?

TIA

jmar

jbdan likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Lol! What are you doing you nut :D

With the GN your sim updates the prl automatically. From everything I've read and have been told one shouldn't dial *228 like with past non-sim'd VZW phones.

Maybe try a power down remove battery then remove sim for a minute then re-insert put battery back in and power up. Worth a shot!

GrandMasterB and jmar like this.
  3. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

i dotn think you can MANUALLY update the PRL to whatever you want. not that i know of at least.

however, you can boot the phone without the sim card, then put it back in and boot up. this will update the PRL and it may change back to what you had it at.

jbdan likes this.
  4. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

I used to be on 52642 back in january after the December outages and the phone autodialing *22899. I see that now I am on 15109.

Did you try pulling the sim, rebooting and then replacing the sim as suggested?

5. jmar

jmar Nexican

So my suspicion that last night's crazy rainy, fwindy, stormy weather, one bar of 4G and a little lack of foresight were ultimately the cause for my data speed suffering.

Here is a screeny!

[​IMG]

I did take the suggested advice last night. Most likely placebo...

Thanks y'all!

And yes, I am a nut!

jmar

jbdan likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews