• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

-Mike-

Android Enthusiast
Mar 14, 2011
Baltimore
Right now Im at 24010. Sprint told me today that I should be at 25009. I tried updating and it went from 24009 to 24010. I'm having the typical connection issues which is why I called in. I'm kind of hoping they offer me the chance to switch over to the S3 which is why I called them. This was my third time for data issues on the same device. They've acknowledged the fact that the S3 radios are WAY better and the HTC radios are crap. I really cant take it anymore. I was also thinking about trying to change my PRL manually like I did on my OG Evo. I used a VZW PRL and it was better. Although I dont think its Sprints network. The 3 other Samsung devices in my household are smoking the HTC. I love the Evo. I had the chance to get an S3 but I chose the Evo LTE. </rant> lol!

Am I ok at 24010 or is that even going to make a difference at this point?

The 25XXX PRL's are corporate ones I believe. Unless you have a corporate account you shouldn't really use it.

Rather than flash a verizon PRL, you could just use a custom ROM that allows you to always roam.

Do you have the newest OTA? There were new radios included with it and many are reporting improvement

Upvote 0
I looked at mine, it is 25010.

I had called Sprint and wrangled with them and tried to get them to give me the 'corporate prl' they went round and round with me and basically told me there was no such animal.

Then I spoke with some rep about how lousy the data service was compared to others in my area and mused if I should just take my 5 phone lines and go to greener pastures.

I just updated while running JB, I don't know now if i have 25010 because of that, if everyone has it, or if they decided to send it special to my phone cause I am such a nice guy. :thinking: :p :rolleyes:

Edit: I have read that the corp prls were in the 25 range and that the difference was yo ucould get 3g while roaming. For a test of this prl, I put the phone in roam only. first got all the signal bars and then got the 1x symbol, no 3. did a speed test, it wasn't significantly better than some of the results I have gotten on 3g in the past.
That speedtest is a crapshoot though, depending on how many folk are sharing the bandwidth with me, I believe.
Based up these results, I am hard pressed to believe my prl is in any way special.

Upvote 0
I think if i were you I would flash one of the new stock JB roms and give it a try.

I know I have a different prl than what I had but i don't know when I got it.

If you do flash the new stock and update prl and don't get a new one, I would call sprint and ask them if it is being offered where you live.

In the end though, I wonder how much it will help the issue of connectivity or dl speed anyway.

Maybe if you flash the firmware, ie radios, first zip, I think, it will improve some of that, if they have provided some sort of fix in it. But it won't help hardware problems or fix Sprint's network woes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones