1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pro Office and Dropbox

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alanjarvis57, Jul 9, 2013.

1. alanjarvis57

alanjarvis57 Lurker

I have all my files in Dropbox on my Galaxy tab. I can edit them Ok using Pro Office Suite but when I save them it puts them in a folder called Andoid/data/com.dropbox.android/files/scratch and they don't sync with my Dropbox. I can't see where the original Dropbox files are on the tab. How can I get around this. I want the files I edit with Office Suite to be synced just like they are on my PC.

Alan

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Android Enthusiast

I have to wait until I get to my home Wi-fi before I can try on the Tab 2, but I just did a "save as" on my phone, and it uploaded fine.

Try Menu -> File -> Save As -> type of document

Hit the curly arrow to move up a directory (next to file name) a few times until you see the list that indicates:

My Documents
    Internal storage
    SD card
    Remote files

Select "Remote files"
    Select "Drop Box"

Hit the save icon (top right next to the arrow)

When you open the file, open it from Remote files/Drop Box, and any changes should be saved there by default after editing...

If this doesn't work, perhaps there is a setting in Pro Office or Drop Box that needs to be changed.

I will confirm this on my Tab 2 this evening if you haven't resolved the issue by then.

3. txrose72

txrose72 Well-Known Member

I open the file from Dropbox into Office Suite Pro, change it and save it, and it goes back into Dropbox. I don't bother with a File Manager. I assume that is equivalent to Little Darwin's post.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews