1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Proble in using MapActivity

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by manvinder, May 30, 2011.

1. manvinder

manvinder Newbie
    None

May 9, 2011
    Software Developer
    New Delhi
    I have developed an application using using android 2.3.3. the application is working fine. but Now when I tried to include google map in it using MapActivity the application fails to load showing error message "The Application App name has stoped unexpectedly. please try again."... I have already set the Build target to Google API and include the "com.google.android.maps" library in the Application manifest file. Please help me..

Thanks and regards

Advertisement

2. MythiosLow

MythiosLow Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    Hello, I face the Same Problem.

Scene (A):
    > I create Android 2.2 Project with a Normal Activity and various Views+ViewGroups.
    It work fine
    > When i inserted another Activity that Extend MapActivity, I encountered this same error message, when startActivity on the Inserted MapActivity

Scene (B)
    > I create Android 2.2 Project and now with only a Activity that Extend MapActivity
    It work fine
    > When i inserted another normal Activity, I encountered this same error message, when startActivity on the Inserted Normal Activity.

Anyone can Advise?

3. manvinder

manvinder Newbie
    None

May 9, 2011
    Software Developer
    New Delhi
    Hi MythiosLow,
    I managed to solve my problem but what exactly was causing problem is difficult to say...
    Check the following thing as i did to solve my problem

1- set "<uses-library android:name="com.google.android.maps" />" in your manifest file
    2- use a valid google map api key
    3- check all your activities for any duplicate Id of any widget in your layout files

best of luck