• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem after factory restore

Hey all. Im in a reaaaally bad situation here. My phone memory was getting low,i had transferred ALL the apps that were possible to be transferred to sd, but my phone memory was STUCK near 20 mb. I even did a wierd test: i moved a live wallpaper back and forth (to phone memory/sd card memory) and EVERY time it reduced my phone memory a little bit! Yes,i did rebooted phone after every moving. The problem is the memory was so low it wouldnt allow me to get the latest phone software update.
To cut long story short, i had everything moved to sd card,i removed it from phone, then did a "factory reset". My phone is "flying" right now, and i have almost 200mb internal memory free, but it wont read anything but music and pictures from the sd. Everything esle is like the sd is empty. ANY suggestions would be appreciated,since i tried signing in to the google acc i had, but in market-> downloads section no apps are shown.... I dont want to start everything over,please help!!

factory reset resets all user configurations including any apps installed to phone or SD
the apps stored on SD are linked to the phones data partition and so it still removes the apps when you do a factory restore

apps2sd for froyo or any implementation for that matter is to increase space on the phone, not as a form of backup
im afraid all those apps are lost and you will have to start again

Reactions: chester1908
Upvote 0
thanks for amazingly fast reply rastaman, even if its not good news. I had lookout app before format, and i recall it ad a backup option which i had enabled. Any chance i can do something with it?

im afraid i dont know anything about that app so i dont know what it does
i doubt it will backup all apps as i would have heard about it.

EDIT: just checked it out, its a security suite, it backs up contacts but thats about it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones