• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem after formatting SD card and reinstalling apps that were on it.

Hello,

I've run into a problem hoping someone has solved it before.

My SD card data got corrupted, so I recovered my files, formatted it, and it was ready to use once again. So, one thing I wanted to do was reinstall all the apps that were installed on the SD card. In the market app on my phone, in the "My Apps" section, fortunately all the apps that were on the SD card are listed, and not registered as installed. I was happy and impressed by this, so I started installing them one after the other again.

Now here's where the problem starts:
The apps that were installed to the SD card actually still had a part on the phone memory. When the SD card data was fubar, I didn't regain this used up space on my phone memory. I thought that they would be overwritten when I reinstall the apps, but I was wrong.
I had 20MB of free space before starting the reinstall process, and was happily going through one app after the other.
Now I'm down to 800KB of free space.

:thinking:The question is, how can I clean up all the old app data from my phone memory??:thinking:

I'm planning to try an uninstall and reinstall of all apps hoping that it would solve the problem, but I have a doubt that the phone doesn't recognize this data as belonging to the apps any longer.

:thinking:Yet another question, is there any app that uninstalls all apps and reinstalls them from the market?:thinking:

Thank you :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones