• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem after installing kernels

ChryzaorFlux

Android Enthusiast
Jun 4, 2011
Earth
After installing these zip file "0050_htc_froyo_2.2_orginal_kernel_v2.zip" & "0055_oc_kernel_2.6.32_v8.zip", from XDA developers site (link HERE)
1) I have had a problem with my phone, i changed the processing speed using SetCPU to 786MHz, then I had a bootloop, so i did a restore to get out of it

2) I just installed "0050_htc_froyo_2.2_orginal_kernel_v2.zip" and even though i changed my processing speed to 580MHz, its drops to 245MHz

Has anyone had this problem??
Am I doing something wrong??
Can anyone provide a step-to-step guide (so i am certain to have 786MHz running)??
Btw does anyone have a working kernel and rom to lend me?
Could you also quickly guide me on installation, im new to rooting ive read up on stuff but a little help would be great

Thnx
Kid_android

*After a few mins*
2) Ok, i "attempted" disabled perflock and it seems like it did the trick

*Next day*
2) My processing speed went back to 245MHz, so i guess the attempt of disabling perflock wasnt successful in solving my problem

*After a few days*
2) I tried to disable perflock using SetCPU again, looks like my set speed is stuck to it :) still need a compatible 600MHz+ kernel though

*3/8/2011*
Ok ive read up again and i think i may have installed two kernels at the same time which caused my phone to act weird, so i'm just going to install "0055_oc_kernel_2.6.32_v8.zip" and see what happens

I have solved this problem, if anyone needs help feel free to comment

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones